• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #1 CGC 5.0 up for Auction
1 1

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

North of $6 I suspect. 

Woowoo, I think he means north of 60k.   But I could be wildly mistaken.    In the back of my head somewhere I figured a FN was worth around 75 since FN is hg for that book.    But I have no real clue or I wouldn't be asking the question.

Edited by Bronty

8 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Woowoo, I think he means north of 60k.   But I could be wildly mistaken.    In the back of my head somewhere I figured a FN was worth around 75 since FN is hg for that book.    But I have no real clue or I wouldn't be asking the question.

This copy sold in Aug 2018 for  38.500 and has  crm/ow pages

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=778290

det1_15300a.jpg

5 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

There's a Detective #2 in the same auction...

You must mean this little beauty that's been given an estimate of only $8K to $12K:

Detective Comics #2 CGC 6.5

Should definitely beat their low-ball estimate since it's the 3rd highest graded copy of what I would say is definitely a tough book to find in this type of grade.  :cloud9:

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You must mean this little beauty that's been given an estimate of only $8K to $12K:

Detective Comics #2 CGC 6.5

Should definitely beat their low-ball estimate since it's the 3rd highest graded copy of what I would say is definitely a tough book to find in this type of grade.  :cloud9:

HA 5.0 and nicer copy imo

https://comics.ha.com/itm/platinum-age-1897-1937-/detective-comics-2-dc-1937-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-pages/p/7204-144001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

20186312%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai