• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUESS THIS! Most common 1970s book AND grade...

GUESS FIRST (don't cheat) - What is the most common 1970s book AND universal grade according to the CGC Census (January 1, 2019)?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. GUESS FIRST (don't cheat) - What is the most common 1970s book AND grade according to the CGC Census (January 1, 2019)?

• CGC 8.0 Amazing Spider-Man #129
    • CGC 8.5 Amazing Spider-Man #129
    • CGC 9.6 Spectacular Spider-Man #1
    • CGC 9.4 Spectacular Spider-Man #1
    • CGC 8.0 Incredible Hulk #181
    • CGC 8.5 Incredible Hulk #181
    • CGC 8.5 Giant Size X-Men #1
    • CGC 9.6 Spider-Woman #1
    • CGC 9.6 Star Wars #1
    • CGC 8.5 X-Men #94

15 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
9 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

8.0 Hulk

That's the one! Lol well that was my guess too :)

My guess as well.  I figured since there are approximately eleventy billion Hulk 181's graded and 8.0 is probably a good average grade for that issue it must be right.

I went with Spectacular Spiderman 1 9.6.  Figured it would be an early speculation book that people would need to slab to get any money back out of it.  Also, there cant be that many Spectacular run collectors anymore who are still holding their treasured raw copies.

I thought hard about 8.0 Hulk but went with Star Wars, high as 9.6 is, because I recall it having a print run over 1 million. I would guess that Hulk issue sold somewhere between 180,000 and 240,000 copies. Based on my guesses, I figured a healthy bolus of SW1 might exist to put 9.6 over the top.

Thanks again, Claudio. Lots of fun!

Huh, I guess I should trust my instincts more. I was feeling Star Wars because of the amount printed, and how many ended up in collectors hands because of affordability through the years, and looking at the date CGC was founded corelates with the resurgence of popularity for Star Wars.  

Edited by Delta Thing