• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

794 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

One of my favorite series ever... none of the sequels even come close... These are my copies from when I was a kid and read them 1000 times over...

556102459_1-FN.thumb.jpg.4c8837d1f6dd2128ba2be9e0b6f71ae3.jpg

2-FNVF.thumb.jpg.881c6172edb57a004185d5f46f465de5.jpg

3-FN.thumb.jpg.dc8599df6e54150c48711d10e255a3fe.jpg

4-FNVF.thumb.jpg.b8e5aa2cd2ebb0debb87505f841c22b5.jpg

And while certainly not Copper, I really liked this series from DH as well... I bought all the original art for the 6-page backup story from Peter and have them framed in my living room :)

1604971410_1-NM.thumb.jpg.4fdd3ddb283ac30eb760f9a64a3ae55c.jpg

Love both of those as well. I've got the artist's edition of Robo vs Terminator, with Simonson's beautiful art. Great stuff.

I'm also a long time Bagge fan, and was still surprised by how great Apocalypse Nerd was!

3 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

Beautiful! What do you have holding the slabs up on the wall? Curious...

Thanks! 

I use these, or something very much like them. Cheap but useful!

https://www.amazon.com/Comic-Mount-Shelf-Invisible-Adjustable/dp/B00GP1HJQG

On 1/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, Schmakt said:

Did you spring for the "Expert Setup" for only $219.49 per unit??

Good lord...

Oddly enough, I myself AM an expert, and am more than happy to set these up for any of you fine folks at a BARGAIn rate of $199 per unit. I'll even throw in the holder!

2 hours ago, john fucsalot said:

very nice!!! i've been trying to put together a set myself.. id be happy with some NM raw copies but they're hard to come by..... for the right price anyway

Thanks! It took several years to put together. 3-6 were no big deal, but 1 & 2 were a different story. A boardie sold me the #1 many years ago and at the time I paid a premium for it (and I would have paid more!) but it has turned out to have been a bargain in the long run. #2 was the white whale. For many years there were only 2 9.8's on the census, and those guys weren't selling. Finally managed to snag one in trade as part of a much larger deal a couple of year ago. Nowadays I'm trying to find raw NM copies of the 2nd through 6th printings, but they don't turn up often in nice shape.

2 hours ago, john fucsalot said:

and now some more dark horse stuff... always been a big fan of dark horse comics

20190210_101256.jpg

Nice! Evil Dead + John Bolton, what's not to love? I've owned a few sets of these over the years, I need to get a set for the permanent collection at some point.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:55 AM, valiantman said:

Somebody else will have to supply the Boris eye candy.

Speaking of "eye candy"... everyone should try finding this one in the bargain bins:

0778474006_1200.jpg 

There were lots of extra copies of Predator vs. Magnus #1 and #2 from the 1992 mini-series, most of them sitting in bargain bins in 1994 for a dollar or less... so the number of comic shops ordering the 1994 trade paperback shown here with a $7.95 retail price would have been pretty small... $7.95 for the trade or $2 for the originals?  Easy choice at the time.  That's why the trade is pretty tough to find 25 years later.

These trades raw aren’t cheap either.  This is a very, very nice book.