• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

794 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, engelhard said:

my favorite cover out of the series..

20190216_204605_1550374662721.jpg

Which is saying something, because every cover in that run is a winner! I recently picked up a super sharp set of 2-8 for practically nothing. Need to find a cheap #1 to go with it, but I haven't checked prices in a whlie. Hoping/assuming they've come down from the pre-movie hype, especially considering that the movie didn't do very well (though I loved it, personally.)

1 hour ago, Jimbo749 said:
On 2/17/2019 at 2:10 AM, Parabellum said:

Inside cover 

I ended up checking my copy again after you mentioned it... No mention of 2nd print, so if it says nothing that usually means 1st right, otherwise it would be noted?

There should also be no Phil Norwood pin-up on the back cover.

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

Well good ol' Dark Horse is embarking on a big milestone with Umbrella Academy. The show is well received and prices suggest that we have a really big big winner here. 

Of course this is too early to call what will happen with it in the future, but it seems like prices and demand are getting up every day.

Congrats Dark Horse!

On 1/9/2019 at 12:55 AM, valiantman said:

Somebody else will have to supply the Boris eye candy.

Speaking of "eye candy"... everyone should try finding this one in the bargain bins:

0778474006_1200.jpg 

There were lots of extra copies of Predator vs. Magnus #1 and #2 from the 1992 mini-series, most of them sitting in bargain bins in 1994 for a dollar or less... so the number of comic shops ordering the 1994 trade paperback shown here with a $7.95 retail price would have been pretty small... $7.95 for the trade or $2 for the originals?  Easy choice at the time.  That's why the trade is pretty tough to find 25 years later.

Bargain bins?  Not anymore!  

This book is awesome!

14 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Well good ol' Dark Horse is embarking on a big milestone with Umbrella Academy. The show is well received and prices suggest that we have a really big big winner here. 

Of course this is too early to call what will happen with it in the future, but it seems like prices and demand are getting up every day.

Congrats Dark Horse!

Good call! We have the new Hellboy movie coming this year as well, 2019 is looking good for Dark Horse.