• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

795 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

It is really nice to see breakdowns like this, keep up the good work :) It's great personal motivation for me :gossip: I've started a Thing hunt...

Man, the Thing books are great, but tough to track down. Oddly enough, when I do find them, it's usually in a dollar bin, or on a wall. Very little in between. 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, RCheli said:

I picked up a collection of various late-80s/90s Dark Horse comics a couple of months ago -- 11 short boxes worth. (No Aliens books... he wanted to keep those.)

I'll tell you what, Dark Horse published a lot of junk. :)

Dark Horse published books no one else would touch. Either they had a way of making money on small print runs that no one else figured out, or they were just in it for the love of comics.

On 12/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, Parabellum said:

Predator #1 first and second print have the same front and rear cover except that the front cover of the second print has a darker shade of blue on the birds and predator, indica states printing, the inside front cover has a different pattern of shading behind “Predator”

Publication dates respectively Jun 1989, Sept 1989

BD2B281E-90D9-40BB-B17A-8ADA6107F262.jpeg

090F293E-A780-49C2-BB1A-8C6CA6E1214D.jpeg

B7491984-A3C2-4386-8FA8-68297D2D4F9D.jpeg

That cover is my favorite Copper Age cover of all time.  It rules on every level.  Everytime I see that book at an LCS I pick it up.  

2 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Chris Warner’s work is amazing.

I really love the Big Game covers too.  I would actually put each of those ahead of the covers to 2,3, and 4 in the first series.  That set is worth it for those alone, but the story is pretty good also.

Those Terminator covers are awesome too, except for that #3.  I don't know what happened there.  :p

Posted these over in CG, but thought some of you DH Aliens fans might dig them too. Lanard is doing a totally bizarre new line of kids Aliens toys, exclusive to WalMart, and I had to have em all. Germane to this conversation, the packaging has some Dark Horse Aliens comic art on it, wonder if they paid licensing for it?

IMG_9438.JPG

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_9440.JPG

IMG_9441.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

IMG_9444.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9447.JPG