• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

794 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2021 at 2:06 AM, valiantman said:

Yes, I still have the Predator vs. Magnus TPB. 

I usually buy books already graded rather than submit my own, but this was the first CGC 9.8 on the census and only the 2nd copy graded by CGC (in any grade) when I submitted it in 2006.

931594829_0778474006_12001.jpg.c77a1cfeafa2863ade8c46f28579e5a8.jpg

Don't remember when I slabbed it.  Regretfully, it was sold a few years ago. :cry:

predatorvsmagnusNNcgc96-f.thumb.jpg.639ff7c45554bb3dcd96413e1245ce5d.jpg

Ironically, I have zero Dark Horse Comics slabbed, but will eventually in the future, thanks to all your stories and pictures. I’ve included 2 pics, one of my Alien short box full of Alien(s) titles only and the other of Volume 1 (1990) 0-4 Aliens vs Predator. Lastly, I had to verify if my #1 was the second print too, which it wasn’t. Thank you.

E50F12F9-BBF4-4156-9BBA-4E46461BEA94.jpeg

88BB16D2-D576-44E5-9715-451730FAA8F9.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

Ironically, I have zero Dark Horse Comics slabbed, but will eventually in the future, thanks to all your stories and pictures. I’ve included 2 pics, one of my Alien short box full of Alien(s) titles only and the other of Volume 1 (1990) 0-4 Aliens vs Predator. Lastly, I had to verify if my #1 was the second print too, which it wasn’t. Thank you.

E50F12F9-BBF4-4156-9BBA-4E46461BEA94.jpeg

88BB16D2-D576-44E5-9715-451730FAA8F9.jpeg

I like the box!  I have two, and filled them with my Aliens collection, may need to grab a third. Or maybe I should trim down the collection! No, no, not that, surely.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I like the box!  I have two, and filled them with my Aliens collection, may need to grab a third. Or maybe I should trim down the collection! No, no, not that, surely.

I have 2, myself. The other contains the new series Alien and the gazillion variants. Lol I have another 2 short boxes of nothing Predator issues/stories. I really liked the Aliens mini-series: Music of the Spears. 

10 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

I have 2, myself. The other contains the new series Alien and the gazillion variants. Lol I have another 2 short boxes of nothing Predator issues/stories. I really liked the Aliens mini-series: Music of the Spears. 

I don't like variants for the most part, so I didn't chase the Marvel #1's. It didn't help that the covers were largely not great. I always considered myself a completist, but think I may draw the line at the end of the DH era and be done with it. I just can't justify buying 34 copies of the same book when I don't even like the covers. If I find them cheap down the road I may pick them up. I don't think any of them have really taken off, so that is helpful, should I change my mind eventually. I dutifully bought all of the Marvel vs Alien variants, and that left a bad taste in my mouth, so I may be done. Maybe if the series grabs me, I'll go back. So far...not so much.

Meanwhile, I have no problem with buying more and more copies of the same DH books over and over again without admitting my hypocrisy, so it may just be that I'm some sort of loony! :insane:

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I don't like variants for the most part, so I didn't chase the Marvel #1's. It didn't help that the covers were largely not great. I always considered myself a completist, but think I may draw the line at the end of the DH era and be done with it. I just can't justify buying 34 copies of the same book when I don't even like the covers. If I find them cheap down the road I may pick them up. I don't think any of them have really taken off, so that is helpful, should I change my mind eventually. I dutifully bought all of the Marvel vs Alien variants, and that left a bad taste in my mouth, so I may be done. Maybe if the series grabs me, I'll go back. So far...not so much.

Meanwhile, I have no problem with buying more and more copies of the same DH books over and over again without admitting my hypocrisy, so it may just be that I'm some sort of loony! :insane:

I only collected Aliens and Predator from DH. As far as variants go, I’ll complete the Alien 1 in about a month or two, but will not be doing that again from here on out for rest of the series. Out of all variants, I liked this one:

238C5216-FAB5-4E6E-82AC-C5022B3E2EF6.jpeg

1 minute ago, Parabellum said:

Part one of a three part prelude to Predator Race War.  DHP 67-69 was then complied and reprinted in issue #0.

I bought that series off the shelf and only read it once

1 minute ago, Parabellum said:

I need to re read mine.  Refresh myself on the story.  The covers were great!

The covers were awesome, I think the inside art sucks which is why I only read it once lol