• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

794 posts in this topic

I wonder what effect the news of Marvel's acquisition of the Aliens and Predator properties will have on the value of the DH stuff, if any? Personally, I'm bummed. DH has done great things with the property over the years. Alien is an adult oriented, R-Rated franchise, and the DH books have reflected that. I'm concerned that Marvel's version will be watered down, like the old Kenner toys and their ilk. I'm also sad because DH has been doing a beautiful job with their "library" sized HC's, which are all gorgeous volumes. I was hoping we'd eventually get the entire series collected in that format. The A v P hc just popped last week, guess you'd better grab it while you can!

On 4/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, Parabellum said:

Fourth print!

F2D1DE09-DE9B-44D1-BE67-A5699A58118C.png

Also, belated congrats on that pick up! I missed them when they were listed and am still kicking myself!

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

I did not know that Marvel picked up the rights to Aliens and Predator.  That worries me.....

Yes, DH has done an excellent job at telling Aliens and Predator stories.  Let’s hope marvel can carry on the legacy.

Yeah, apparently the announcement hit last week. I was out of town without internet service, and when I got home my buddy sent a message saying "So, Marvel has Aliens and Predator now?" And I was like "Nah, Dark Horse just released a new hardcover!" And he said "No, I'm not asking, I'm telling you." ha And sent me some links. Here's one article, that features Finch artwork of Aliens and Predator.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/alien-predator-marvel-comics/

Maybe Marvel will surprise me and do something interesting, but...I'm not optimistic. I'm expecting Aliens vs Venom or some such carp to be their first order of business.

Aliens Genocide was the first aliens comics I ever picked up. Was hooked.

Picked up the Aliens vol 2 and AvP collections from Indigo, should be here in a couple days.

Really want to get Chris Warner for a Predator commission at some point

Nat Jones commission framed

20200712_143119.jpg

17 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

20200715_151914.thumb.jpg.d609a837837a3d5b8a343fece6136589.jpg

My AvP book is on its way, hung up at USPS, but should be here before too long. See, this is what I was talking about: these are BEAUTIFUL books. So nicely done. I was really hoping we'd eventually get the entire Aliens run in these library edition hardcovers. But I guess that dream is dead. 

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

My AvP book is on its way, hung up at USPS, but should be here before too long. See, this is what I was talking about: these are BEAUTIFUL books. So nicely done. I was really hoping we'd eventually get the entire Aliens run in these library edition hardcovers. But I guess that dream is dead. 

I would jump at the chance to have Genocide or Hive in this format. 

These hardcovers are simply fantastic. I think I'm going to pick up Terminator as well

19 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

I would jump at the chance to have Genocide or Hive in this format. 

These hardcovers are simply fantastic. I think I'm going to pick up Terminator as well

Yeah, I was never a HUGE fan of the DH Terminator stuff, but having the rest of these on the shelf now I feel the calling to complete the set!

8 hours ago, Parabellum said:

I figured I would grab the platinum edition as well, lol.

B71C3A18-FE12-4274-B1B1-2CCFA2510932.jpeg

I used to have the PE but sold it at my family's garage sale, came to regret that decision, and eventually replaced it with a first printing.

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

I got these out of a bargain bin a long time ago. Honestly, I loved the Pulp feel of the covers. I have not read them. Anyone know the story? Is it worth reading?

FOTO_20200717_211931.jpg

Edited by Will96

On 7/17/2020 at 9:13 PM, Will96 said:

I got these out of a bargain bin a long time ago. Honestly, I loved the Pulp feel of the covers. I have not read them. Anyone know the story? Is it worth reading?

FOTO_20200717_211931.jpg

I've never read it, I remember it was kind of a big deal at the time since Mark Hamill was writing it.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, Parabellum said:

I figured I would grab the platinum edition as well, lol.

B71C3A18-FE12-4274-B1B1-2CCFA2510932.jpeg

I used to pick the platinums out of dollar bins all of the time. I assume people just weren't paying attention. I don't think it's hard to find, but it's definitely a great Biz cover and the platinum looks gorgeous on it!