• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

794 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Awesome man!  Thx for posting pics.

My pleasure, I don't need much of an excuse to gush about all of the cool Alien stuff out there!

On 5/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, ramrod44 said:

Just back from CGC. I thought both of them had a great shot at 9.8.:wishluck:

DHP35cgc9.6fc_zpsovlykmaw.jpg

DHP67cgc9.6fc_zpsnu6imske.jpg

:whatthe:                        :cry:                   :sorry:              :cry:

What did the graders notes say?  That DHP 35 cover is awesome!

22 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Figured I would post a picture with the full Aliens Earth War run in 9.8.

CF4FD3E2-5AD6-4F53-8FFC-71AB75398464.jpeg

That's one of my favorite runs from Dark Horse, beautiful Bolton covers and funky Kieth interiors. Great series.

I picked up a collection of various late-80s/90s Dark Horse comics a couple of months ago -- 11 short boxes worth. (No Aliens books... he wanted to keep those.)

I'll tell you what, Dark Horse published a lot of junk. :)

On 5/5/2019 at 9:43 PM, MetaHuman said:

On the Darkhorse Presents #35, it looks like there's a color-breaking crease on the spine right at the "Heartbreakers" text.  

Nope, must be the scanner. It looks like there may be another crease along the spine just below "A Tough Nut to Crack" but that must be the scanner also. I am looking at the slab now and the spine is perfect. hm

Going through some old boxes and found these Aliens prose books-

IMG_9902.thumb.JPG.ba28af680be40100cb2f18e6a4bb73f9.JPG

Weren't these straight adaptations of the Dark Horse comics? My memory is fuzzy.

If so, can anyone recall any other comic-to-book adaptations? Maybe the Death of Superman novel by Roger Stern. I think the Andrew Vachss Batman prose novel was an original story.

Edited by BCarter27

On 5/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, BCarter27 said:

Going through some old boxes and found these Aliens prose books-

IMG_9902.thumb.JPG.ba28af680be40100cb2f18e6a4bb73f9.JPG

Weren't these straight adaptations of the Dark Horse comics? My memory is fuzzy.

If so, can anyone recall any other comic-to-book adaptations? Maybe the Death of Superman novel by Roger Stern. I think the Andrew Vachss Batman prose novel was an original story.

Yes, they were straight retellings of the Dark Horse comics, after the Newt and Hicks characters had been changed to "Billie" and "Wilks". They also did novelizations of other DH Aliens comics, I believe Labyrinth, Music of the Spears, Genocide, Rogue...maybe a couple more?

23 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

Great book!!

Thanks! Took me a long time to find a nice raw copy at a price I wanted to pay. Probably should slab it at some point, but I'm still not 100% sold on the newer slabs and quality control these days. So, until then, it's sitting in a mylar/fullback in a top loader.