• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

795 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2019 at 4:21 PM, Jimbo749 said:

Found a few books in the 50-cent bin this weekend, can't say no. I can usually find the #1 of this series in the wild, but I rarely see the rest of the run. Did this series never catch on?

DHC.jpg

Probably not but it did run 25 issues.  Had a lot of great Predator and Aliens stories.  Nice find! 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, Parabellum said:
On 2/20/2019 at 7:21 AM, Jimbo749 said:

Found a few books in the 50-cent bin this weekend, can't say no. I can usually find the #1 of this series in the wild, but I rarely see the rest of the run. Did this series never catch on?

DHC.jpg

Probably not but it did run 25 issues.  Had a lot of great Predator and Aliens stories.  Nice find! 

I remember #7 and #8 were pretty cool books, with a new Star Wars adventure (new characters) in #7:

Cover for Dark Horse Comics (Dark Horse, 1992 series) #7

...and #8 had the cool cover for X.

Cover for Dark Horse Comics (Dark Horse, 1992 series) #8

On 2/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, Jimbo749 said:

I remember buying it from the get-go. I'm pretty sure I have the whole run sitting some where... time to dig them out for some CGC pre-screening

You know, as devoted as I've been to collecting the various Aliens comics over the years, I never gave much thought to the tpb's, but that would actually be a cool set to collect, as so many of them have been reissued with new cover art, etc. The only ones I have are the first tpb edition of the first series (with the old newsprint pages, and before Alien 3 was released and Hicks and Newt became...Billie and Wilks, I think?) the nice anniversary HC from a couple of years ago, and the Omnibus collections. I may have to get on that!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

You know, as devoted as I've been to collecting the various Aliens comics over the years, I never gave much thought to the tpb's, but that would actually be a cool set to collect, as so many of them have been reissued with new cover art, etc. The only ones I have are the first tpb edition of the first series (with the old newsprint pages, and before Alien 3 was released and Hicks and Newt became...Billie and Wilks, I think?) the nice anniversary HC from a couple of years ago, and the Omnibus collections. I may have to get on that!

Got any pics of them?  I would like to see.

Ever since I saw that predator vs magnus robot fighter TPB in 9.8 I have been on the hunt.  I like trades in 9.8.  For one there aren’t many.  Plus, the covers where always cool.

Edited by Parabellum

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

Got any pics of them?  I would like to see.

Ever since I saw that predator vs magnus robot fighter TPB in 9.8 I have been on the hunt.  I like trades in 9.8.  For one there aren’t many.  Plus, the covers where always cool.

Sure, I'll see if I can dig them up when I'm home later! And yeah, there's some beautiful cover art on the trades that didn't show up elsewhere. This is one of my favorites. I got a print of it from Dave Dorman a couple of years ago, always loved this cover.

30854ab3abd737fc62ffb6c88881436f.jpg

Sorry, took me a minute to get back to these! Let me know if you need more pics. Here's the first print tpb of the first mini, the beautiful anniversary edition HC, and the omnibus tpbs.

Picked up a couple of Robocop vs Terminator sets out of the dollar bins at Gem City this weekend. Always pick them up when they're cheap, as I love Simonson. This inspired me to dig out the gorgeous, enormous  Original Art Edition HC's of RvT, and my signed edition of the Alien the Illustrated Story OA HC. Such beautiful books!

IMG_7619.JPG

IMG_7620.JPG

IMG_7621.JPG

IMG_7622.JPG

IMG_7623.JPG

IMG_7624.JPG

IMG_7625.JPG

IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7627.JPG

IMG_7628.JPG

IMG_7629.JPG