• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Submission!

16 posts in this topic

I just logged in and checked if my comic had arrived at CGC and it finally has! I submitted a Giant Size Xmen 1 that I bought about a decade ago for 350, had it pressed and I am hoping it will come out pretty decent since it was mostly wrinkles and no line breaks with good corners. What's most of your expericenes, better or worse than you thought?

My first submission was received a few days before Xmas. As I check on the progress my invoice # says "GRADED" but the page that lists the books still is blank "n/a" as far as any grading numbers. At this rate I'm thinking I'll get the books in person before the invoice page is updated!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, DaveCFPrez said:

My first submission was received a few days before Xmas. As I check on the progress my invoice # says "GRADED" but the page that lists the books still is blank "n/a" as far as any grading numbers. At this rate I'm thinking I'll get the books in person before the invoice page is updated!!!!!!

You won't get grading information until you see GRADED change to Shipped/Safe. This can take a day or two, but you will definitely get this information before you receive your books.

Joe Ankenbauer

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, DaveCFPrez said:

Mine has said received for 16 days, how long does it normally take overall? When I submitted it said 18 days, but that is probably without the pressing and shipping, I guess.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Daniels said:

Mine has said received for 16 days, how long does it normally take overall? When I submitted it said 18 days, but that is probably without the pressing and shipping, I guess.

It depends on the tier you submitted it in, your reference to 18 days is probably the Standard tier which is now at 19 days. This is business days and yes, it is NOT inclusive of pressing and shipping.  IMO, you still have a long wait.  Sorry

I asked CGC about current pressing time and was told "15 weeks minimum".  After the pressing, CGC will then change the status from received to verified.  I sent in three to be pressed then graded back mid October and I'm still showing as "received".

18 hours ago, Donald Jack said:

I asked CGC about current pressing time and was told "15 weeks minimum".  After the pressing, CGC will then change the status from received to verified.  I sent in three to be pressed then graded back mid October and I'm still showing as "received".

Wow! OK thanks, good to know, I've got some others I can submit, I was just gonna wait until the first one was done to get a better idea of the process.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, Donald Jack said:

Mine just switched to verified