• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Asteroid-Comix
1 1

69 posts in this topic

You forgot to post other messages that I emailed you. Now you post these messages here just to make me look bad. I messaged you again a few days ago and warned you to reply back to me or else I had to do a Paypal refund. It only takes a minute to respond back to me whether or not you have received my payment or you will ship out the comic as soon as possible. There was no communication from you since after the day you asked for payment and now you see the situation got bad,  you come on the board and post BS to make me look bad. Great! 

Edited by danchoi03

I don't see any violation that was committed so the nomination is ill-founded. Seems like it's just a situation of two boardies being impolite to one another. I knew it was a mistake because I know Asteriod-comix is a reputable seller. One of the best on this site.

1 hour ago, danchoi03 said:

You forgot to post other messages that I emailed you. Now you post these messages here just to make me look bad. I messaged you again a few days ago and warned you to reply back to me or else I had to do a Paypal refund. It only takes a minute to respond back to me whether or not you have received my payment or you will ship out the comic as soon as possible. There was no communication from you since after the day you asked for payment and now you see the situation got bad,  you come on the board and post BS to make me look bad. Great! 

I see that no one has managed to take your shovel away.

Was the actual Ship date stated?

Secondly you have to realize not everyone is glued to the phones or the internet like a 14yr old girl. Some people don't check in but once a week. You asked to wait to ship after the 1st , not on the 1st. Shipping has generally been a up to 7 day thing. Its the 9th today and it has been in the past  X # days wait period to nominate someone , unless that changed. I seriously can't believe all this drama over a $20 comic.

2 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Was the actual Ship date stated?

Secondly you have to realize not everyone is glued to the phones or the internet like a 14yr old girl. Some people don't check in but once a week. You asked to wait to ship after the 1st , not on the 1st. Shipping has generally been a up to 7 day thing. Its the 9th today and it has been in the past  X # days wait period to nominate someone , unless that changed. I seriously can't believe all this drama over a $20 comic.

I don't like to extend this thread longer than it needs to be, but this mess makes me mad as if I did something wrong. Although it is only $20, it is the principles that count. Here goes:

December 9: Seller asked for payment, so I paid and asked him to hold for me. He didn't respond or confirmed whether or not this would be ok. If not just message me back and I don't mind at all. 

December 31: Asked the seller to start shipping since I arrived home early. Still he didn't respond. 

January 6 : I warned the the seller please respond whether or not he received my payment or even plan to ship the comic. I gave him 3 days to respond.  Still no response. 

January 9: I asked Paypal for a refund and this is when the seller knows the situation was getting out of hand. I didn't want to go to PayPal for a refund or enlisted him in Hall of Shame if he had responded or at least give me a tracking #. Now he comes on this board and complaint about holding the comic for me and makes everyone thinks that I should be accountable for my actions. 

Edited by danchoi03

2 hours ago, danchoi03 said:

I don't like to extend this thread longer than it needs to be, but this mess makes me mad as if I did something wrong.

The most pertinent question for me is, when making this nomination, why did you choose to omit the fact that you had initially specifically requested the book to be shipped after January 1?  That would seem to be very relevant information to the proceedings, wouldn't you think?  Another board member has already asked this question of you earlier in the thread, and you are either ignoring it -- or dodging anwering it.

I -- and almost everyone reading this, I would think -- already suspect the answer to that question:  that admittance to that fact up front (your request of the changing of the terms of the initial purchase contract, which by asking the book to be held for such a long period of time, could be argued to reasonably constiute that) would bring into question whether a PL nomination would be even valid at this point, or if you had any culpability in any miscommunication along the way.  Despite the seemingly obvious answer, an answer on your part as to why you thought that was irrelevant information somehow would be enlightening.  

A word of advice to anyone reading (and not just the OP) -- complete transparency is always the only answer when a dispute arises. The worst thing to do when resorting to the PL for resolution to any dispute or issue is to play loosely with the facts at hand, or to omit relevant information, especially when the relevant information being omitted isn't going to be 100% in support of the narrative you're trying to advance. That's a recipe to cause people to completely dismiss any issue you might have (whether legitimate or frivilous), and the end result is that it calls into question your credibility when making a claim.

Lastly, the tracking number that was provided in this thread shows that you currently have the package and book in your possession (or that it was delivered 9 hours or so before your last post in this discussion).  Have you dropped the claim through PayPal?  When you mentioned being held "accountable for my actions" in your last post, is there a reason you chose not to let everyone know here at that time that you had presumably received the book?  Again, is that info somewhat relevant to the discussion?

Edited by ChiSoxFan

3 hours ago, danchoi03 said:

I don't like to extend this thread longer than it needs to be, but this mess makes me mad as if I did something wrong. Although it is only $20, it is the principles that count. Here goes:

December 9: Seller asked for payment, so I paid and asked him to hold for me. He didn't respond or confirmed whether or not this would be ok. If not just message me back and I don't mind at all. 

December 31: Asked the seller to start shipping since I arrived home early. Still he didn't respond. 

January 6 : I warned the the seller please respond whether or not he received my payment or even plan to ship the comic. I gave him 3 days to respond.  Still no response. 

January 9: I asked Paypal for a refund and this is when the seller knows the situation was getting out of hand. I didn't want to go to PayPal for a refund or enlisted him in Hall of Shame if he had responded or at least give me a tracking #. Now he comes on this board and complaint about holding the comic for me and makes everyone thinks that I should be accountable for my actions. 

Appreciate the detail.  Seems this went sideways when you returned on December 31 and he he didn't reply to your messages.  This venue is a lot different than ebay, guys aren't always checking in every day and typically a buyer or seller has 1 month to complete a deal before a nomination to the probation thread.  It's obvious you paid in good faith and Mr Asteroid has no reason to tarnish his reputation over a $20 comic and this just fell off the rails when you got back early and he wasn't around.  I'd suggest you cancel the refund or pay him again and move on.

3 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

The most pertinent question for me is, when making this nomination, why did you choose to omit the fact that you had initially specifically requested the book to be shipped after January 1?  That would seem to be very relevant information to the proceedings, wouldn't you think?  Another board member has already asked this question of you earlier in the thread, and you are either ignoring it -- or dodging anwering it.

I -- and almost everyone reading this, I would think -- already suspect the answer to that question:  that admittance to that fact up front (your request of the changing of the terms of the initial purchase contract, which by asking the book to be held for such a long period of time, could be argued to reasonably constiute that) would bring into question whether a PL nomination would be even valid at this point, or if you had any culpability in any miscommunication along the way.  Despite the seemingly obvious answer, an answer on your part as to why you thought that was irrelevant information somehow would be enlightening.  

A word of advice to anyone reading (and not just the OP) -- complete transparency is always the only answer when a dispute arises. The worst thing to do when resorting to the PL for resolution to any dispute or issue is to play loosely with the facts at hand, or to omit relevant information, especially when the relevant information being omitted isn't going to be 100% in support of the narrative you're trying to advance. That's a recipe to cause people to completely dismiss any issue you might have (whether legitimate or frivilous), and the end result is that it calls into question your credibility when making a claim.

Lastly, the tracking number that was provided in this thread shows that you currently have the package and book in your possession (or that it was delivered 9 hours or so before your last post in this discussion).  Have you dropped the claim through PayPal?  When you mentioned being held "accountable for my actions" in your last post, is there a reason you chose not to let everyone know here at that time that you had presumably received the book?  Again, is that info somewhat relevant to the discussion?

Yes, it did arrive here but I didn't know because my wife stack it with a pile of mails that we didn't open. If you are trying to make a case out of this then I have no other comments to add to it.

Edited by danchoi03

37 minutes ago, danchoi03 said:

The thread can be closed. To disclose, I never got the tracking number to begin with. However, seller did send the book without any notice and it arrived last night . I already dropped the Paypal claim. 

Paypal sends notifications when packages are shipped and when payments are sent and received. There is also a tracking icon on the Paypal summary page. I think you were just more upset that the seller didn't respond personally. I've felt that way before also but I think you overreacted with demanding a Paypal refund just to get a response. Why would the seller think you wanted the item shipped post haste if you had already waited a month for the comic? You said don't ship until after Jan.1 then you change it to ship now because I am back on the Dec. 31. Your  tone comes off very abrasive with the "I'm warning you, respond or else." I can see why the seller may have taken offence and not responded immediately. Especially after he accommodated your request to hold off shipping the comic in the first place.

19 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Paypal sends notifications when packages are shipped and when payments are sent and received. There is also a tracking icon on the Paypal summary page. I think you were just more upset that the seller didn't respond personally. I've felt that way before also but I think you overreacted with demanding a Paypal refund just to get a response. Why would the seller think you wanted the item shipped post haste if you had already waited a month for the comic? You said don't ship until after Jan.1 then you change it to ship now because I am back on the Dec. 31. Your  tone comes off very abrasive with the "I'm warning you, respond or else." I can see why the seller may have taken offence and not responded immediately. Especially after he accommodated your request to hold off shipping the comic in the first place.

You already made a lot of assumptions thinking that he provided tracking # through Paypal. For your information, my Paypal has no tracking #. Anyways, the thread becomes pointless since everyone here thinks the way this seller treats his buyers appropriately then let it be it. I have no further comments to add.  Discussion can end here and moderator can close this thread. 

Edited by danchoi03

57 minutes ago, danchoi03 said:

Anyways, the thread becomes pointless since everyone here thinks the way this seller treats his buyers appropriately then let it be it. I have no further comments to add.  Discussion can end here and moderator can close this thread. 

Actually, we want it open for a lot longer, so everyone can take a shot at you, and then block you!

Welcome to the boards!

2 hours ago, danchoi03 said:

You already made a lot of assumptions thinking that he provided tracking # through Paypal. For your information, my Paypal has no tracking #. Anyways, the thread becomes pointless since everyone here thinks the way this seller treats his buyers appropriately then let it be it. I have no further comments to add.  Discussion can end here and moderator can close this thread. 

2qt1ze.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

OP it's all about the rules..... None of which you followed... Also based on your posting history you should read the buying and selling rules as well, since in your short time here you appeared to have gotten into another dust up previously with a boardie on his selling thread.  You omitted pertinent info from your nomination (which was premature by about 3 weeks) and continue to fail to own up to what YOU did once called out.  Take solace in knowing you are not the first, and certainly won't be the last, whose "PL Nomination" turned around to bite them in the backside...

22 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

OP it's all about the rules..... None of which you followed... Also based on your posting history you should read the buying and selling rules as well, since in your short time here you appeared to have gotten into another dust up previously with a boardie on his selling thread.  You omitted pertinent info from your nomination (which was premature by about 3 weeks) and continue to fail to own up to what YOU did once called out.  Take solace in knowing you are not the first, and certainly won't be the last, whose "PL Nomination" turned around to bite them in the backside...

Good grief, I had no idea. What a great start he’s had lol

I have excellent advice for him. Start a sales thread and sell some Cool Books at great prices and all will be forgiven2c

I know everyone likes the pile-up, but (assuming the timeline and crickets and lack of tracking are true) if the seller received payment and never responded nor shipped for > 30 days, what is the buyer supposed to do? Probably assumes sending yet another PM would also go unread.

I don't know if one can "start the clock" on January 1st if that shipping arrangement is not agreed to by both parties.