• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Todd McFarlane steal Steve Geigers swag?

68 posts in this topic

Lets fight about it. McFarlane is often said to have "come into his own" during his hulk run. He went from average joe pencil guy to OMG who is this bright new superstar!!!

Exhibit A: Show this cover to almost any copper marvel fan and they would swear its Todd. I would have. I even subbed this copy thinking he at least collaborated on it. Is this the origin of Todd McFarlane?? Fight ME!!! Tell me im an insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

333.thumb.jpg.e541417180f2019d308006f2b28839eb.jpg

P.S. I am a huge fan of both artists :luhv:

It's McFarlane. CGC has it wrong, and whatever database they consulted also has it wrong. 

I wondered the same thing, especially after #331 and #332. Those faces of the people in the background? Full on McFarlane. 

And, of course, not even his first cover of the series (#330.)

For comparison, see DD #241. You'll see the exact same faces on interior pages, done just a month or two before this one.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's McFarlane. CGC has it wrong, and whatever database they consulted also has it wrong. 

I wondered the same thing, especially after #331 and #332. Those faces of the people in the background? Full on McFarlane. 

For comparison, see DD #241. You'll see the exact same faces on interior pages, done just a month or two before this one.

Yep, not the first time either . . . :whistle:

Hmm. So my eye amd instinct were right? I talked to steve the other day on facebook about a signing, ill message him tomorrow and get the skinny!!

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

ComicDB and marvel database have it the same as the cgc label. I cant wait to hear what Steve says!

1 hour ago, Green said:

ComicDB and marvel database have it the same as the cgc label. I cant wait to hear what Steve says!

Ah, you mean THAT Steve! :sorry:

Edited by divad