• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 9.8's with worn corners?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums and to collecting, and I just jumped right in because there was a deal that I couldn't pass up. I'm a huge Spider-man fan, and even bigger Venom fan, so I bought a set from eBay that included origins and first appearances of the black suit. The pictures weren't great on the listing, but they were all graded CGC 9.8. When I received them, I noticed that the spine corner was slightly torn, particularly on the Secret Wars 8. I've been reading up, and I know this is kind of a repeat question, but is this an acceptable flaw in a 9.8? Would this be a bindery tear, manufacturer flaw, injury from an older CGC holder that I've read can damage the comic over time, or the rare and unlikely case of them taking out the 9.8 comic and replacing it with a less than 9.8 comic without cracking the case? I've also included the team up 141 for review, though the wear on the spine corner is less significant. Any and all input is appreciated! Thanks!1705839321_IMG_6180(1).thumb.jpg.71e91d5bd13bfbd5e2dadd0995f82afd.jpg

IMG_6179 (1).jpg

IMG_6176 (1).jpg

IMG_6177 (1).jpg

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

I'd be more concerned over the interior pages sticking out the bottom of the MTU 141. 

I'd be a lot more concerned over the interior pages if they didn't stick out over the edge and had simply been trimmed off.  :devil: