• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC restoration removal on CGC graded book

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a CGC purple and yellow label book from my collection and was wondering if I should submit for restoration removal?  I'm not that familiar with the notes on graded restored books, I went to the CGC grading scale and it looked like this book might not be a candidate for restoration removal services. 

Here's the grade: 3.0 (Apparent/Moderate). Signed by Stan Lee, restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, seals, reinforced (5th wrap married). 

The book has a crack in the slab, so I was planning on reholdering it anyway with my next batch of CGC books, but was wondering if it would make sense to see if the restoration could be removed or is too much that it would just damage the book.

Thanks!

Edited by spreads

54 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
1 hour ago, spreads said:

(5th wrap married).

That's not going to get a blue label if all of the other restoration is removed. 

And even if the wrap hadn't been replaced, without seeing the book I'd guess removing all that work would leave it looking pretty poopy.

I have a few PLOD's I've sent in, and have also seen what others here have submitted.

Is this a major key? If it's, say, AF15, based on recent sales, maybe it's worth $8000 now... even if the removal dropped it to a 1.5, it would be worth $15,000-ish with the Stan Lee sig.  That's a big jump in value.

Might be worth a pre-screen, again assuming it's a major key. Just sayin'... ;)

EDIT: Oops... missed the part about the married wrap.

tenor.gif

Edited by oldrover

17 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I have a few PLOD's I've sent in, and have also seen what others here have submitted.

Is this a major key? If it's, say, AF15, based on recent sales, maybe it's worth $8000 now... even if the removal dropped it to a 1.5, it would be worth $15,000-ish with the Stan Lee sig.  That's a big jump in value.

Might be worth a pre-screen, again assuming it's a major key. Just sayin'... ;)

EDIT: Oops... missed the part about the married wrap.

tenor.gif

Yes, the married wrap is a killer. No way to undo that.