• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grail Piece Finally Acquired-ROM Spaceknight
1 1

29 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Congratulations! This is fantastic! 

I always wondered on big ticket items, do you trust the mail system or prefer face to face transactions? 

Thanks. I was nervous about having it sent through the mail even though the seller told me they had it insured but was lucky that we both lived relatively close to each other. After I had sent the payment we worked it out and agreed to meet at a public place that was equal distance from each other which ended up being a McDonald's.

17 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Thanks. I was nervous about having it sent through the mail even though the seller told me they had it insured but was lucky that we both lived relatively close to each other. After I had sent the payment we worked it out and agreed to meet at a public place that was equal distance from each other which ended up being a McDonald's.

did you have fries with that?

20 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

"Yes. I'd like a Big Mac, Fries, Large Diet coke, and the Original title Splash Art to Rom #1, please."

Incidentally, I see that nobody commented on Sal's signature being right in the middle of the art. That was something he did for a long time (I have a title splash by Sal that he also signed inside the art). Becase this is his standard OP, I assume this doesn't diminish the value? Granted, this is a legit grail piece. But still...

4 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Incidentally, I see that nobody commented on Sal's signature being right in the middle of the art. That was something he did for a long time (I have a title splash by Sal that he also signed inside the art). Becase this is his standard OP, I assume this doesn't diminish the value? Granted, this is a legit grail piece. But still...

No impact to value in my eyes

28 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

He does this all the time that I don’t even notice it anymore. 

6 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I think it's awful and definitely ruins the piece for me. Same as all the others he's signed similarly.

5 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

He does this all the time that I don’t even notice it anymore. 

Glaring. Made my eyes bleed, but only a little so don't call 911! Seriously though, I didn't post on this because I didn't want to be the debbie downer in OP's thread. So now I am, and OP probably doesn't care anyway. Too bad Sal has such bad taste though. It really is awful.

I didn't even notice the signature on first viewing.  I think the fact that there are so many effect lines helps it not be a distraction.  If it was empty space with the signature thrown in there, I'd maybe have a mild issue (mild only because of the grail nature of the art).  Huge congrats on what I can see is a great piece of art, and I've never read a Rom comic in my life.  He was in a Hulk issue once, as a guest at Rick and Marlo's wedding, but that was as close as it ever got I think.

8 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I think it is a non-issue.  it's outside the main art area, at the bottom of the feet.  even outside the published area.

It bugs me when it's scrolled across the top of a panel on top of a character's head or something.  If this was a cover, and he put his sig there it would be A-OK.   I think that's why it's not an issue to me.