• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Comics
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I have always wanted to have an issue from a pedigree. I would like it to be from a pedigree that is well-known (at least to me). I don't really care which issue I get (within reason).

So, I'm looking for a recommendation. I'd like to get an issue from a well-known pedigree without breaking the bank. Can anyone recommend a great pedigree where I can buy an issue for a (somewhat) reasonable price?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Joe Ankenbauer

24 minutes ago, comicjack said:

What era are you looking at and what do you collect would make it easier 

Well, I mainly collect Silver Age, but I would be OK with a Golden Age book. I prefer super-heroes, but I would take a funny animal, cowboy, or war issue if it came from a pedigree like Edgar Church.

Joe

The funny animals and the cowboys go cheaper than the heroes do.I would just keep an eye open as they do come up along with other peds.The good ones are taken fast but i think you have a chance if your not demanding on the titles.Good Luck :wishluck:

3 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I have always wanted to have an issue from a pedigree. I would like it to be from a pedigree that is well-known (at least to me). I don't really care which issue I get (within reason).

So, I'm looking for a recommendation. I'd like to get an issue from a well-known pedigree without breaking the bank. Can anyone recommend a great pedigree where I can buy an issue for a (somewhat) reasonable price?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Joe Ankenbauer

Put your request in the WTB thread. Maybe somebody will offer you something. However, keep in mind that the well known pedigrees will command multiples of guide. No bargains to be found. 

If SA Marvel is your thing, look for Bostons.  They aren't (usually) considered one of the Top Tier Peds (Church, Curator, Pac Coast, WM, etc..), but they are gorgeous books.   It's also a collection that, in many cases, had duplicate copies of issues.   You should be able to find something that will appeal to you.  

Read up on the different peds here.  Still the best resource, even if a book is probably never coming.

http://comicpedigrees.com/

The easiest way to find a ped is to use the Advanced Search feature in either ComicConnect or ComicLink's sites.  Plenty to choose from an extensive list of peds.  Of course, as we all know, CL's function returns many (mostly) sold items which makes it a pain in the azz.  Also, you at least stand a chance of getting a back cover scan included with the listing through CC.  If one isn't there, you can request it via email with customer service.  Highly recommended - don't blow off the bc, CGC doesn't.

Within your $ parameters, evaluate the slabs based on how they look and the PQ you want.  In other words, once you've got your search returns, forget the label and judge the book.

I got this(windy city pedigree)on the boards from Starw-man! its nothing crazy but I love the cover(reminds me of the little rascals:))it was less than 200 bucks! I believe the person who bought the whole or most of the windy city collection is here on the boards (moondog I believe) which is way cool! you should definitely be on the look out on the sells forum because like this, you can always find wonderful pedigree books from time to time. 

humdinger1.thumb.jpg.295c9e19dc11efbd1bec1be3b33f0904.jpg.b17228d9010583f0d41e3ae33b7c8100.jpg

3 hours ago, Sal said:

Savannah.  Almost every book has cream pages, which for some reason is the kiss of death for a lot of people

The Savannah books I’ve seen just don’t appeal to me at all due to an aged appearance (including discoloration). Despite whatever their technical grade might be, I’m just not interested. 

Collectors of course have varying preferences and priorities, so I don’t think it’s perplexing at all why PQ is more important to some folk and not others. (shrug)

I've bought three pedigrees for less than $200...all on the boards! 

My advice would be to join our community and keep your eye on the sales threads. 

One Bethlehem, one Winnipeg, and one Mohawk Valley! :banana: 

Edited by newshane