Stolen comics
3 3

78 posts in this topic

3,414 posts

:whatthe: That sucks on a monumental level. Fingers crossed he gets them back.

17,022 posts

People can not keep their hands off others property, back in the old days his hands would be gone.

2,908 posts

Dumb thief.

567 posts

that's sucks.  I have a storage locker in a facility that has all the typical protocols and I do not put books in there, I don't feel solid about it.  I put other in that storage locker.

1,023 posts

I've work at a couple storage facilities in my day.

Never, ever, ever, ever put ANYTHING of value in a storage unit!!!!

The most an employee will do is call the cops.  They will not risk being killed by a robber for YOUR stuff.

Edited by D84

29,549 posts

While I feel for the guy, and truly hope he gets them back, 1.4 million in comics in a storage locker?  I’d never risk that.

5,152 posts

wish you the best to get your collection back.....

12,913 posts

I had a storage locker robbed. It had household junk no comics but we bought s real good lock for it and the cops said those were the crooks favorite. They come in, pull the numbers off the locks? Order the keys and then come back and clean out the locker. 

1,746 posts

Definite negative of the ever soaring prices we’re seeing... can only imagine we’ll be hearing more of these stories as the money and temptation are just too big for some thieves now.

Too late for this poor sap but probably a good idea to sell a couple comics and get a nice heavy duty safe and some insurance coverage for at least your biggest books.

Edited by szavisca

24,130 posts
1 hour ago, nearmint said:

Ponseti reports that the books have turned up in the Phoenix area.  The thief tried to sell them to a LCS.  Police are investigating.  

Obviously a stupid thief who doesn't even want to wait it out until things cool. Stole the books one day, drove to another state the next to try sell them off. I give him a week before he gets caught.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2,903 posts

The owner of these books is a wonderful guy who is well known to many in this community. He is understandably devestated about this. Please keep your eyes peeled on eBay for vhigh grade Batman’s, including pedigree copies. If you see anything suspect, please message me here and I will put you in touch with the owner.

Josh

282 posts

Glad to hear some positive news on the possibility of his books being recovered, hopefully they are all found and are in the same condition 

19,542 posts

Hope it works out for the owner:foryou: - it happened to cheetah as I recall and he had a positive outcome, not so positive for the thief.

We have had a spate of burglaries where I work. Each time we have beefed up security, each time [likely the same] thieves have found a way in. Last time finding the door impenetrable they took a sledgehammer to the adjacent wall.

So do think about your security everyone.

5,152 posts
9 hours ago, nearmint said:

Ponseti reports that the books have turned up in the Phoenix area.  The thief tried to sell them to a LCS.  Police are investigating.  

bring that thief to justice asap

11,759 posts

Since the thieves tried selling it at a comic shop, I hope the shop has video cameras around to identify the thieves. Hope the owner gets his books back too.

Just surprise why he would store them in a storage locker. With a collection like that, a household safe and a bank safety deposit box is probably the best.

34,324 posts
13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Obviously a stupid thief who doesn't even want to wait it out until things cool. Stole the books one day, drove to another state the next to try sell them off. I give him a week before he gets caught.

If he drove from Florida to Arizona in a day he is a stupid thief who drives very fast.

1,023 posts
55 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

If he drove from Florida to Arizona in a day he is a stupid thief who drives very fast.

Florida to Arizona is over a 24 hour drive.

24,130 posts
12 minutes ago, D84 said:

Florida to Arizona is over a 24 hour drive.

at what speeds ?

Long distance driving I hit anywhere from 210-230/240 km/h cruising speed. Not even close to fast on most European roads.

Edited by Gotham Kid