• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen comics
3 3

78 posts in this topic

I've work at a couple storage facilities in my day.

Never, ever, ever, ever put ANYTHING of value in a storage unit!!!!

The most an employee will do is call the cops.  They will not risk being killed by a robber for YOUR stuff.

Edited by D84

Definite negative of the ever soaring prices we’re seeing... can only imagine we’ll be hearing more of these stories as the money and temptation are just too big for some thieves now.

Too late for this poor sap but probably a good idea to sell a couple comics and get a nice heavy duty safe and some insurance coverage for at least your biggest books.

Edited by szavisca

1 hour ago, nearmint said:

Ponseti reports that the books have turned up in the Phoenix area.  The thief tried to sell them to a LCS.  Police are investigating.  

Obviously a stupid thief who doesn't even want to wait it out until things cool. Stole the books one day, drove to another state the next to try sell them off. I give him a week before he gets caught.

Edited by Gotham Kid

The owner of these books is a wonderful guy who is well known to many in this community. He is understandably devestated about this. Please keep your eyes peeled on eBay for vhigh grade Batman’s, including pedigree copies. If you see anything suspect, please message me here and I will put you in touch with the owner.

Josh

Hope it works out for the owner:foryou: - it happened to cheetah as I recall and he had a positive outcome, not so positive for the thief.

We have had a spate of burglaries where I work. Each time we have beefed up security, each time [likely the same] thieves have found a way in. Last time finding the door impenetrable they took a sledgehammer to the adjacent wall.

So do think about your security everyone.

Since the thieves tried selling it at a comic shop, I hope the shop has video cameras around to identify the thieves. Hope the owner gets his books back too.

Just surprise why he would store them in a storage locker. With a collection like that, a household safe and a bank safety deposit box is probably the best.

13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Obviously a stupid thief who doesn't even want to wait it out until things cool. Stole the books one day, drove to another state the next to try sell them off. I give him a week before he gets caught.

If he drove from Florida to Arizona in a day he is a stupid thief who drives very fast.

12 minutes ago, D84 said:

Florida to Arizona is over a 24 hour drive.

at what speeds ?

Long distance driving I hit anywhere from 210-230/240 km/h cruising speed. Not even close to fast on most European roads.

Edited by Gotham Kid