• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outbreak of Shaken Comic Syndrome
3 3

182 posts in this topic

I just got my most recent batch of books and I was very sad to see that 9-12 books had some damage with staple tears and mild to severe forms of Shaken Comic Syndrome (see pictures).  Has anyone else had this recently?  Did something happen at CGC to cause the comic to stick to the inner well and comic to slip and shift as seen in the pictures.  It is so ugly that I cannot even look at it.

DSC_1981.JPG

DSC_1982.JPG

DSC_1983.JPG

DSC_1984.JPG

Perry,

That is some nasty SCS! I have had the rare comic damaged but it is usually to a top or bottom edge or a banged corner, not side to side. And usually it occurs on a smaller shipment from CGC, say four or less comics, when they ship them horizontally in a rectangular box that gets banged back and forth during transit. Usually with the bigger orders the slabs are shipped upright and are heavy enough that special handling is required by the courier. Your comics look like the box was dropped off the top of a building. Was there any damage to the carton? How were they shipped? FedEx?

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Perry,

That is some nasty SCS! I have had the rare comic damaged but it is usually to a top or bottom edge or a banged corner, not side to side. And usually it occurs on a smaller shipment from CGC, say four or less comics, when they ship them horizontally in a rectangular box that gets banged back and forth during transit. Usually with the bigger orders the slabs are shipped upright and are heavy enough that special handling is required by the courier. Your comics look like the box was dropped off the top of a building. Was there any damage to the carton? How were they shipped? FedEx?

fF

Books were shipped in the 25 box carton so mainly upright.  I use to use FedEx and no problems.  Recently switched to UPS because issues with FedEx and CGC shipping in California.  Carton appears alright though.  The picture shows the worse one.  The others were varying degrees of shifting.

Edited by spidermanbeyond

Have another book my last submission with CGC with SCS as well (Totallly Awesome Hulk #22 CGC 9.8).  I don't believe it is 9.8 with the small staple tears and shifting.

Concerned this is happening more frequently (9-12 books out of my 25 books)

Edited by spidermanbeyond

56 minutes ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Have another book my last submission with CGC with SCS as well (Totallly Awesome Hulk #22 CGC 9.8).  I don't believe it is 9.8 with the small staple tears and shifting.

Concerned this is happening more frequently (9-12 books out of my 25 books)

9 books with SCS :cry:!?!  Just wondering if both ends are labeling boxes with "fragile" or "do not bend"?