• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Photography

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,  

Was on the boards before the change and signed up after the change and somehow i wasn't able to keep my old username so i just added a 1 to the end of it.  anyway, i have bought from many of the people on here and may have sold a few books to others also.  i have a batch of new books that are fresh back from CGC and want to take some pictures of them but i am not happy with the results so far.  too many time my reflection is very obvious or there is light bouncing off the slab etc.    Can I get some suggestions as to the best way to photograph comics.  have some hot bronze age books that really need to be sold.  All help would be welcome....  thanks!

andy

I used my phone, granted the pics are not High Resolution taken with a phone from 4-5 years ago and are only being used as reference and for insurance purposes, however...

Camera technology in phones has come a long way, if you have access to a Google Pixel 3 you do not need much light or a flash which will eliminate glare.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-pixel-3-camera-guide/