• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1.4 million in Batman comics stolen out of storage
3 3

365 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm still curious why so many boardies find PM sales so suspicious, and outright discriminate against PM sales in their sales rules?

I would wager that most of the time, PM sales are not about beating the seller down in price, but in not broadcasting to the world what is contained within their collection.

There is so much information here and CGC registry too that would give more windows of opportunity for thieves. The patterns can be followed easily.

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

IIRC, you don't buy much..., or at all here..., so I guess there is that frame of reference..., :baiting: 

I used to have a little more cash than I do now. My wife wants to travel a whole lot more.

1 minute ago, NoMan said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

IIRC, you don't buy much..., or at all here..., so I guess there is that frame of reference..., :baiting: 

I used to have a little more cash than I do now. My wife wants to travel a whole lot more.

I thought you'd claim I was 'Jim Acosta-ing' you.  I gave you the perfect set up! lol

8 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

There is so much information here and CGC registry too that would give more windows of opportunity for thieves. The patterns can be followed easily.

Ah....a dissenting voice. A conflicting view point.

If you haven't guessed I'm pretty bored. It's cooking day for the week. My wife cooks, and, well, I do the dishes.

I think until they find the thief its all speculation on how they found out about the books. I'm a paying member so CGC has my CC info and my address and what Screen Name is connected to it. If a hacker got into CGCs system (and i'm not saying they did) there would be a lot of info on there that could help you locate owners of high end books.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I thought you'd claim I was 'Jim Acosta-ing' you.  I gave you the perfect set up! lol

I don't know what that means. I have to go dishes for about 20 minutes. I hate food and everything about it: buying, preparing, cleaning up afterwards. It's pointless. 

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Ah....a dissenting voice. A conflicting view point.

If you haven't guessed I'm pretty bored. It's cooking day for the week. My wife cooks, and, well, I do the dishes.

I cook and do the dishes mostly. ¬¬  I would burrow your wife for a while.

9 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I think until they find the thief its all speculation on how they found out about the books. I'm a paying member so CGC has my CC info and my address and what Screen Name is connected to it. If a hacker got into CGCs system (and i'm not saying they did) there would be a lot of info on there that could help you locate owners of high end books.

Yeah, ok, but is the address a storage locker? I'm sorry guys. I'm starting to hate this rabbit hole I seem to have created. I should have been a cop, but only the kind that wears a suit and wears the badge on the belt with the gun around the shoulder. I'd solve murders of blonde dames in rain slicked alleys with flashing neon casting an eerie glow.

But, yet, another dish....

Edited by NoMan

I have to go dishes for about 20 minutes. I hate food and everything about it: buying, preparing, cleaning up afterwards. It's pointless. 

I suppose it's all personal preference thing, but I love shopping, cooking and eating...., and occasionally a clean kitchen.  I love to nip on an IPA or a Bloody Mary while cooking.

My wife and kids always say I cook dishes way better than restaurants do, which I would modestly agree is at least 90% true.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

I cook and do the dishes mostly. ¬¬  I would burrow your wife for a while.

lol Pervert

Just now, NoMan said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I suppose it's all personal preference thing, but I love shopping, cooking and eating...., and occasionally a clean kitchen. 

Than you probably stole the comics. Case solved. 

I hear the Hollywood crowd is quite delicious!

Yeah, ok, but is the address a storage locker? I'm sorry guys. I'm starting to hate this rabbit hole I seem to have created. I should have been a cop, but only the kind that wears a suit and wears the badge on the belt with the gun around the shoulder. I'd solve murders of blonde dames in rain slicked alleys with flashing neon casting an eerie glow.

You have to think outside the bun. The hacker has your name and address and IP info. They can most likely access all your records which probably includes a CC payment to a Storage Facility. Now what would a comic collector be using a storage locker for?

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:
7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

You have to think outside the bun. The hacker has your name and address and IP info. They can most likely access all your records which probably includes a CC payment to a Storage Facility. Now what would a comic collector be using a storage locker for?

I'm thinking, the storage locker would be for whatever they don't want Mom to find in her basement?

6 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I guess ok, if I had all that info about how huge $ this collection is, I'd think the last place it would be is in a storage locker. But I hear you, all info is availaible now. I'd go to the guys house first, and find.....dishes.

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I guess ok, if I had all that info about how huge $ this collection is, I'd think the last place it would be is in a storage locker. But I hear you, all info is availaible now. I'd go to the guys house first, and find.....dishes.

I am sure we'd like to know HOW the thieves knew the owner had plenty food on the dishes inside the storage locker(s). We hope the police catches scum(s) and recovers all books quickly. Once we learn, we need to improve our securities outside the buns and here.

11 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I am sure we'd like to know HOW the thieves knew the owner had plenty food on the dishes inside the storage locker(s). We hope the police catches scum(s) and recovers all books quickly. Once we learn, we need to improve our securities outside the buns and here.

or just own a "drekallection" and not worry. I saw someone use that term around here. Laughed my a s s off 

Problem for me is theses don’t often come to s conclusion.  Who took em, their punishment, trial details. 

Like a Southern California freeway chase: crazy watching it, cops catch ‘em, that’s the end it. News cycle moves on