• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1.4 million in Batman comics stolen out of storage
3 3

365 posts in this topic

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

1.5MIL the Detective 27 7.5 alone is roughly worth.

my bad I was looking at the price guide which says a 7.5 worth 660 K.....but Recent sales are much higher.

but still the total would be close to 2 million for the 11 books.

28 is about 60 to 80K

30,32,34,35,36 and 37 are about a combined 150 K in value.

31, 33 and 38 are about a 100 to 150 K each at 9.0

29 Is the most intriguing ...with it being a 9.6...it could go for crazy money...

but thats about ...

1.5 Million for 27

230 K for 28,30,32, 34,35,36 and 37

and 450 ish K for 31,33 and 38

so were talking around 2.2  M (not counting 29)

38 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

but still the total would be close to 2 million for the 11 books.

28 is about 60 to 80K

30,32,34,35,36 and 37 are about a combined 150 K in value.

31, 33 and 38 are about a 100 to 150 K each at 9.0

uh no. Tec 31 5.0 is about a 140-150K book. A single highest graded 8.0 would fetch so very easily 250K++

Tec 33 9.2 fetched 341K last year.

"30,32,34,35,36 and 37 are about a combined 150 K in value." -> The single highest graded Tec 37 9.0 would fetch close to 120-130K alone.

The only one you got about right was the 28

Edited by Gotham Kid

14 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

A 31 and 33 9.0 I believe are $300k books, if not more

8.0 is single highest grade for 31 and should fetch 250-300 no problem. Tec 33 9.0 should also fetch 300K no problem.

Edited by Gotham Kid

It seems to me like the OP got ripped off by the storage company.  It's a petty scam; the con makes a list of new renters, Googles their names then breaks into lockers with found information about wealthy clients or postings on social media.  I would most certainly get surveillance footage including the parking lots to see if there were any license plates, getaway vehicles or accomplices  I would also get the names of all employees associated with the storage unit and run background checks for outstanding warrants and prior arrests.  Heist of this magnitude likely isn't their first rodeo.

15 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

What's crazy is that one of the thieves (assuming it was a group effort) is a free man!?!? How can the judge just put a 25k bond on something like this... 

what about the rapist that got a $400 fine is all?

Just now, Dark Knight said:

Damn really? Didnt hear about that one. Just things like this dont make sense.

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/jail-time-for-accused-rapist-just-400-fine-judge-accepts-baylor-frat-president-plea-deal/Lienpl0gei0yqTZ714SQ4I/

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Might be the same one, but this rings a bell as I remembered watching it on the news about fraternity guys that raped girls. Not sure if it's the same one because this one is solely on 1 person..

Wow that's just crazy!? He wont even be registered as a secs offender... Gimme a break... he must've had a good defense team or something. Sickening!

16 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Might be the same one, but this rings a bell as I remembered watching it on the news about fraternity guys that raped girls. Not sure if it's the same one because this one is solely on 1 person..

Wow that's just crazy!? He wont even be registered as a secs offender... Gimme a break... he must've had a good defense team or something. Sickening!

well there was that one case where girl claimed she had been gang raped at a frat party but it turned out that frat had had no party and the whole story imploded.  There's no punishment for girls that make stuff up tho and ruin lives.  They just go oh well.  Rolling Stone had to pay big for running that whopper with apparently in my opinion absolutely no investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_on_Campus

Edited by kav

17 minutes ago, kav said:

well there was that one case where girl claimed she had been gang raped at a frat party but it turned out that frat had had no party and the whole story imploded.  There's no punishment for girls that make stuff up tho and ruin lives.  They just go oh well.  Rolling Stone had to pay big for running that whopper with apparently absolutely no investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_on_Campus

There isn't any logic to our society. A person can tell lies about sexual assault and lead authorities on a wild goose chase for months. And get no punishment. Now imagine someone calling in a fake bomb threat. Imagine that they didn't tell that it was all made up till an hour later. For that 1 particular lie they would be in prison and on the terrorist list. Compare the two. Person lies for months and wastes we'll say 60 days worth of investigating...…. no punishment. Person lies and wastes law enforcements time for 1 hour...…. Their life is basically over.

9 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

There isn't any logic to our society. A person can tell lies about sexual assault and lead authorities on a wild goose chase for months. And get no punishment. Now imagine someone calling in a fake bomb threat. Imagine that they didn't tell that it was all made up till an hour later. For that 1 particular lie they would be in prison and on the terrorist list. Compare the two. Person lies for months and wastes we'll say 60 days worth of investigating...…. no punishment. Person lies and wastes law enforcements time for 1 hour...…. Their life is basically over.

That is correct. Anyone, not even someone you know, can spot you on the street, say walking by their apartment, and then dial 911 and tell the operator that you assaulted them. Doesn't even have to be a physical assault. They can say they were walking out of the main door with you, and you spit right in their face and laughed as you exited the building. Now, they must take that report seriously and you get detained, and or arrested. Maybe even have to post bail after being arraigned, pending a court date. Of course, hoping there are cameras and by canvassing, investigators will eventually discover that you did no such thing. You'll get off eventually, the issue being dropped, and there will not be repercussions for your accuser. Welcome to guilty until proven innocent, which is the way our system actually works. .

Edited by James J Johnson