• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1.4 million in Batman comics stolen out of storage
3 3

365 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, billbrown7080 said:

is the answer Known?

Is there a consensus #1 Set of Detective out there, Does someone have the title of having The best Known Set of Detective comics?

I someone owns the best Known copy of Detective 27....but do they also have the rest of the set ?

or is there a person out there with a lower graded copy of Detective #27, but Overall has the best Known set of Detective based on the rest of the issues?

Dave Anderson ( the Dentist ) owns the best Batman books in existence (the Mile Highs and the Allentown 27). None are graded.

Eric Roberts ( not the actor ) owns the best Batman books that are graded, except for Detective 27 which is graded 7.5

At the time he put his set together, most of the below books were graded highest. Most still continue to be.

Detective Comics 27 7.5

Detective Comics 28 9.0

Detective Comics 29 9.6

Detective Comics 30 8.5

Detective Comics 31 8.0

Detective Comics 32 7.5

Detective Comics 33 9.0

Detective Comics 34 9.2

Detective Comics 35 8.5

Detective Comics 36 8.5

Detective Comics 37 9.0

Detective Comics 38 9.0

Edited by Gotham Kid

36 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I feel like coded messages are being sent back and forth and I’m missing them all. It sounds like TwoPiece might be friends with the victim and has some intel on the matter. Or am I misreading the smoke signals here?

The only intel that I have, is that the majority of "removed" and/or reported posts do not violate the board guidelines, and the poster will never receive a legitimate correspondence as to why they are removed (and warning awarded).

The lack of transparency is disturbing. The amount of unnecessary sensitivity is also disturbing.

I once received a warning and suspension for posting a joke. Not a dark joke. Not a tasteless joke. Someone reported it. I told moderation and customer service that it is a joke. They claimed otherwise (despite the fact that it was a joke - no room for interpretation when it's purely based on intent).

Edited by TwoPiece
Watch me get warned/suspended for telling the truth. The fact that this is even a concern is alarming.

17 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

We got a code green roger alpha. The sparrow has left the nest. 

The moon is blue.

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
42 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I feel like coded messages are being sent back and forth and I’m missing them all. It sounds like TwoPiece might be friends with the victim and has some intel on the matter. Or am I misreading the smoke signals here?

The only intel that I have, is that the majority of "removed" and/or reported posts do not violate the board guidelines, and the poster will never receive a legitimate correspondence as to why they are removed (and warning awarded).

The lack of transparency is disturbing. The amount of unnecessary sensitivity is also disturbing.

I once received a warning and suspension for posting a joke. Not a dark joke. Not a tasteless joke. Someone reported it. I told moderation and customer service that it is a joke. They claimed otherwise (despite the fact that it was a joke - no room for interpretation when it's purely based on intent). 

Edited 4 minutes ago by TwoPiece
Watch me get warned/suspended for telling the truth. The fact that this is even a concern is alarming.

Nods Mortified.

23 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

We got a code green roger alpha. The sparrow has left the nest. 

Eggs ready to hatch over

6 minutes ago, bc said:

Klaatu barada nikto

Stop all attack functions repeat stop all attack functions.

25 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Fox trot we got too many snakes in the bin.

Mama bear come out of hibernation repeat out of hibernation

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
32 minutes ago, Shining Wit said:

You really don't think some of your poists are worthy of a vacation? If so you lack self-awareness and/or objectivity.

You may want to L2R.

He needs to explicate which 'poists' are worthy of vacation.

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Dave Anderson ( the Dentist ) owns the best Batman books in existence (the Mile Highs and the Allentown 27). None are graded.

Eric Roberts ( not the actor ) owns the best Batman books that are graded, except for Detective 27 which is graded 7.5

At the time he put his set together, most of the below books were graded highest. Most still continue to be.

Detective Comics 27 7.5

Detective Comics 28 9.0

Detective Comics 29 9.6

Detective Comics 30 8.5

Detective Comics 31 8.0

Detective Comics 32 7.5

Detective Comics 33 9.0

Detective Comics 34 9.2

Detective Comics 35 8.5

Detective Comics 36 8.5

Detective Comics 37 9.0

Detective Comics 38 9.0

wow, any guesses what grades the dentist' s copies would get if he ever had them slabbed? or do you think he's read and handled them so much since that they wouldn't be higher than Erics?:insane:

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Detective Comics 27 7.5

Detective Comics 28 9.0

Detective Comics 29 9.6

Detective Comics 30 8.5

Detective Comics 31 8.0

Detective Comics 32 7.5

Detective Comics 33 9.0

Detective Comics 34 9.2

Detective Comics 35 8.5

Detective Comics 36 8.5

Detective Comics 37 9.0

Detective Comics 38 9.0

Dear lord.

even thats underwhelming...

So I just did the math(roughly)....were talking less than 2 Million dollars for these 11 books...

yes thats a lot of money...but again I always in my mind figured "The world's best set" would be worth more than that.

Assuming hes got Detective 39 to 100 in roughly 9.0 + grades....

were talking less than 4 Million dollars for the "world's best Known" Detective comics run 27 to 100.

but of course the value here is not actually the value of the comics...Knowing you have the worlds best Known Detective run is priceless for a die hard comic fan...

thank you so much for the info...

PS, I asked this once before but I dont remember the answer.

does anyone know why Dave Anderson wont have his comics graded?

17 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

Dear lord.

even thats underwhelming...

So I just did the math(roughly)....were talking less than 2 Million dollars for these 11 books...

1.5MIL the Detective 27 7.5 alone is roughly worth.

4MIL was offered for the lone 9.2 copy and turned down. The Allentown 27 supposedly a 9.6 would likely fetch 10MIL

Edited by Gotham Kid