• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

depression and comics
1 1

40 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, FineCollector said:

My comics suck, but I could go for a kitten thread!20170413_220029.thumb.jpg.3e241ae72a6faa41fc97b2892b030d7b.jpg

My comics kind of suck too but not all of them.  It is what it is.  Question, why are these EC Archives 300 buck a pop??  I think I will like but wow for 300 I think I could buy poor copies of the 6 books for same price.  I also would like to know if there was ever a slipcover for the sets.  Here is another kitten...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_650.jpg.5c571b58fc8c6af414dba25ddad699d2.jpg

Looks like Cap's having to shout very loudly over lots of extremely deafening gunshots, which, IIRC, can be over 150 decibels.

At least Kirby's being scientifically accurate on that point.

15 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

More kitten pics, always good !

17.jpg

I suspect there was some dog-involvement in that caper.... hm

On 1/10/2019 at 6:45 PM, oakman29 said:

I thought this was a tell all about depression.:sorry:

when I first saw the title-- I thought this might be a thread about Depression era comic books and collecting. Early thirties GA titles. Not sure how much interest there has ever been in those books though-- actually, I just don't know much about that era in general.

But the OP is right-- it is fun to look at scans of books and collections. The best is when you see one you need to fill a run or one you might have bought/still have. And the gore filled EC stuff is very interesting.