• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

47 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2019 at 7:08 PM, NikoSleeps1991 said:

All Star Comics #10 CGC 4.5 - $1,100 - Back in 2013 this very copy sold for $700. Below are the comparable 4.5 copies so you can see what a real 4.5 looks like vs this poorly graded copy. Take it off my clammy hands for a crack and re-sub 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/all-star-comics-10-dc-1942-cgc-vg-45-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/121212-14038.s

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/all-star-comics-10-dc-1942-cgc-vg-45-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121409-13017.s

549089086_AllStar10front.thumb.jpg.bf7daeb64436f0a1fc1fb186da580ee1.jpg

Forgive my asking, but what exactly is poorly graded about this book?

44 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

No worries! Just comparing the interior PQ, front and rear color, the grade is odd comparing it to other graded VG+ copies. Granted, there is a small piece missing from the front cover but then again, give it to 5 different people to grade, guaranteed it would be different considering the missing piece muddies the water. Another factor is it hasnt been pressed or cleaned, so there is definite potential for a bump. But again, grading is subjective to me, you, and 100 others. To each their own at the end of the day but for me, its not a VG+

On 1/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, NikoSleeps1991 said:

Top Spot Comics #1 - CGC 7.5 (Davis Crippen "D" Pedigree Copy) - $1,150 I am open to discussing this scarce one. Lets work it out. This book rarely ever comes out to see the light of day. Extremely rare

180450237_TopSpot1front.thumb.jpg.528b2b34b55639138cdea080c5113ec9.jpg

Rare is right! I don't think I've seen this one outside of glancing over the small pic in the Photojournal. Some very cool offerings. GLWTS!!  (thumbsu

14 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Rare is right! I don't think I've seen this one outside of glancing over the small pic in the Photojournal. Some very cool offerings. GLWTS!!  (thumbsu

It's hard being a sales man but telling the truth. "Its a scarce book! Doesnt come up often!" may get thrown around a lot these days. Thanks for the kind regards!

On 1/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, SuperBird said:

PQ has nothing to do with the number grade, FYI, as it's assigned separately. 

I'm not sure if this is correct. 

I'm pretty sure the "number grade" can be docked for severe tanning or rotten PQ. 

On 1/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, SuperBird said:

PQ has nothing to do with the number grade, FYI, as it's assigned separately. 

47 minutes ago, newshane said:

I'm not sure if this is correct. 

I'm pretty sure the "number grade" can be docked for severe tanning or rotten PQ. 

Buy This Book It Explains it All

6133dCYT1DL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On 1/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, OdinsSecrets said:

Odin I think it isn't poorly Graded.   4.5 is not Poor for a Book from 1942  lol

There is a 3/4 Inch Triangle Piece Missing on Bottom Right Front Cover...However It is an Exceptional 4.5 Beautiful book GLWTS!!!

11 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Buy This Book It Explains it All

6133dCYT1DL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have it at home, not at work. ;) 

And the CGC Guidelines (unpublished) and Overstreet Guidelines are NOT the same, so it doesn't even matter. 

3 minutes ago, newshane said:

I have it at home, not at work. ;) 

And the CGC Guidelines (unpublished) and Overstreet Guidelines are NOT the same, so it doesn't even matter. 

Just a Suggestion (just trying to help and I used to Keep one at Work :foryou:  It helped me a Ton and While it may not be CGC exactly it is pretty close)

4 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Just a Suggestion (just trying to help and I used to Keep one at Work :foryou:  It helped me a Ton and While it may not be CGC exactly it is pretty close)

I agree. It's a must-have resource! 

:bump:

Selling the books below what they're worth. I understand that it is a little slow for everybody but my loss can be your gain. Shoot me a message. I am close with a few of you on a deal to be had so lets start claiming books and having fun! I'll keep my eyes open :shy:

Rangers Comics #26 CGC 5.5 - $1,300 $1,250 FINAL REDUCTION $1,199

All Star Comics #10 CGC 4.5 - $1,200   $1,150 REDUCED $1,100

Top Spot Comics #1 - CGC 7.0 (Davis Crippen "D" Pedigree Copy) - $1,150 FINAL REDUCTION $925

Hit Comics #3 - Lou Fine - 1940 - $300 FINAL REDUCTION $225 

Edited by NikoSleeps1991