• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RESTORED ISSUE

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I'm new to submitting comics with CGC but i have a question regarding restoration. I submitted an Original X men#14 (1st appearance of the sentinels) which was in great condition. It came back after 90 days from CGC as restored but I didn't ask them to restore.

Is there anyway to return the book back to CGC? Do you think they would re-grade without restoration? They gave the book a 9.4 but with restoration "Slight touch up on the corners" but I know this de-values  the comic. I'm pretty pissed they restored it even though i didn't ask.

Any help is appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Hey! said:

No, you've got it backwards. CGC did not perform restoration on this comic (for free? Never!). Someone who owned it before you performed restoration on the book, and CGC is just objectively pointing out this fact. There's no reason to be mad at CGC, be mad at the person who sold it to you.

The OP has to be an old timer with a new account having some fun with this question. No way his question is serious. 

15 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Ya this can't be for real. I've been laughing for a few minutes straight though.  (thumbsu

JUST IN CASE....

CGC did not restore your book. It already had the color touch on it when they received it and they graded it. The book had the color touch on it when you purchased it.

I was ripped at CGC for something similar. I had a beautiful color touched Amazing Fantasy 15 5.0 and they removed the color touch. The grade went down to 4.0 and they changed the label to blue, from purple, which is my favorite color.

I’m consulting with attorneys. 

I thought there would be more creative answers to this question.