• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP! Bought a Sketch remarked book at auction..Joe Kubert How to Draw From Life not sure if original...
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need an assist here... I bought a How to Draw from Life Joe Kubert book at auction, and it has a sketch and signature on the third page. After receiving it I am not sure if this is original or printed.. does any one have a copy of the hard cover version of this book to take a look and see if this was printed on every copy or if this was original by Kubert? Obviously it was marketed as an original so I want to figure this out before my recourse is gone. I have looked it over and had a second set of eyes review and we are both unsure...Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you... pics to follow.

5 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

The signature looks spot on to me.  Joe was offering signed / sketched books through his Kubert school for a few years.  I don't see any reason to doubt it (there are more valuable things people fake)

Agreed that the sig and the sketch look correct- the question is was the book printed with this or is this as advertised a “wet” sig and remark. 

I think your best bet is to contact the publisher or editor, J. David Spurlock who is on the boards and is very active on facebook.

I also found this on ebay and it looks like the sketch on this persons book is on a different page all together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/How-to-Draw-From-Life-Joe-Kubert-Signed-and-Sketch-Inside-2009-1st-Print-/312386086238?hash=item48bba9655e%3Ag%3AgSUAAOSwjoFcGTTL&nma=true&si=yUAYdguPVjU%2BX9x1F2Uo1gNF5mo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 hour ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I think your best bet is to contact the publisher or editor, J. David Spurlock who is on the boards and is very active on facebook.

I also found this on ebay and it looks like the sketch on this persons book is on a different page all together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/How-to-Draw-From-Life-Joe-Kubert-Signed-and-Sketch-Inside-2009-1st-Print-/312386086238?hash=item48bba9655e%3Ag%3AgSUAAOSwjoFcGTTL&nma=true&si=yUAYdguPVjU%2BX9x1F2Uo1gNF5mo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I sent him a message on FB.. now let's see if he answers lol. Thank you for the lead