• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men #25 Fatal Attractions, BLACK Hologram, Direct Edition (VARIANT?)...

8 posts in this topic

What strikes me first is that this is NOT the Black and White variant edition as denoted on the CGC label.

As far as the black hologram is concerned, the blue ones have gotten a lot of attention and generally command a slight premium.  People have reported on the black hologram, but this may be the first example I've seen.  Definitely rare, and may also command a slight premium like the blue ones if a collector out there is looking for one.

Then again, how much of a premium can you get from a 5.5 grade?

Edited by masterlogan2000

I own 2 distorted holograms graded, a X-men #25 SS and a Wolverine #75...

both have "distorted hologram" noted on the CGC label.... there is something wrong with this case: 5.5? and label error in more ways than one: No "distorted hologram" noted on label and it's not the black and white version...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Whoever was involved with QC during this time should be checked for a hit on the head with a coconut injury, at least for these holograms... another label error

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=x-men+25+cgc+error&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-75-CGC-9-6-1993-1242470012/382607818093?hash=item591533fd6d:g:9fQAAOSwIbtb1LFw:rk:8:pf:0

This appears to be the distorted hologram, but with no label notation....

This thread should probably be in the "copper forum" but anyhoo :foryou: