• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing recommendations?

37 posts in this topic

I won't get into a who is better debate, but she is among the most respected and experienced in the world when it comes to comic restoration and pressing. 

Do we really have to get into this discussion again ?  I think the OP is baiting here. Kudos threads for pressing services are frowned upon by our host. Can't we just respect that . Personally, I think Guido's has the BEST pressing services. Fast turnaround too ! 

$_57.JPG

2 hours ago, newshane said:

Susan Cicconi. 

Thank you for the recommendation. I just checked out her website. Seems quite legit! The 20% off CGC grading is a nice bonus.

Edited by Darkowl

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Do we really have to get into this discussion again ?  I think the OP is baiting here. Kudos threads for pressing services are frowned upon by our host. Can't we just respect that . Personally, I think Guido's has the BEST pressing services. Fast turnaround too ! 

$_57.JPG

Bob, how much for that copy of losers?  I am actually interested in the entire series!

43 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Is it wrong for me to want?

I think Bob is going to get in trouble hehe...

'Is it wrong for me to want?'  Yes, but who cares.

'I think Bob is going to get in trouble hehe...' You are probably right. Bob seems to be getting into a lot of trouble lately. Boardies are humping away at the Report Post on Bomber-Bob. I'll never be a member of the Insider Club.   

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

What do you guys think? This was sent in to me to be helped. Pretty sure it was a DIY job. Whoever it was decided to cut his teeth on a $500+ books. 

bp1.thumb.jpg.2f25e344e801909ce52333640e73121d.jpg

Yikes, thats their "after" shot?  Based on the texture of the cover it looks like they used a gerber fullback as the platen buffer directly on the book.  Heat obviously too high.  Looks like they steamed it instead of humidified on a book that doesn't require (shouldn't have) either.  Either didn't have the right press or didn't press it long enough, or both.  Revivable though right?

Edited by comicquant