• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] SA Surfers, X-Men, Neal Adams, Steranko, BWS, Wrightson, Kirby!! New Books 1/4/2020
1 1

672 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MR SigS said:

Strange Tales 135

Silver Surfer 10 & 12

:takeit: per PM- Thanks!

You are taking no prisoners lately.  :cool:

Good to see you back!

23 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

MARVEL SUPER-HEROES 13 

first Carol Danvers, the upcoming Captain Marvel in the Shazam movie (jk)

this one is not nearly so fresh as the others! it's actually very clean on the right edge up and down, but as you can see there is an ugly color breaking crease all the way down the spine. i would say it's about a 4.0 because of this. small partial tear on back near top staple.

one of the hottest books on the planet right now with her film and avengers endgame both featuring her. 

$280

front.jpg

IMG_20190104_0008.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

how about $220 for this one? packing up everything now and would love to send this out as well. any takers?

IMG_4149.JPG

5 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

^^ thanks echu! this thread is now closed for the time being. if i officially close it, am i able to reopen later when i want to list more books? 

Yes you would click the same box to  Open it again it’ll say something like unmark as closed

I'm going to resurrect this sales thread next weekend, let this be your fair warning. I'm planning to begin the sale next Saturday Feb 9th, at 10am PST. possibly a few books friday night if i hear from enough people who want that. otherwise Saturday it is. some of the books i'll have for sale in the picture below. I have one entire shortbox full of mostly high grade Neal Adams, Bernie Wrightson, Jim Steranko, Jack Kirby, and Joe Kubert books. I'll repost the terms before I begin again. Thanks for looking! 

photo-of-several-books.JPG

Regarding using DHL to ship to Canada, someone else in the USA once used DHL to ship to me in the Great White North.  Despite whatever the shipper paid DHL, DHL Then demanded $40 from me for their "customs handling services".  

I think all private carriers like DHL and UPS charge their own customs fees. It’s a very expensive additional cost for Canadians to receive a package of any value.

USPS First Class International is the best way to ship to us Canucks. It’s just as quick as Priority International and more cost effective.

Edited by JohnH19
Spelling error

59 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

I think all private carriers like DHL and UPS charge their own cistoms fees. It’s a very expensive additional cost for Canadians to receive a package of any value.

USPS First Class International is the best way to ship to us Canucks. It’s just as quick as Priority International and more cost effective.

for less than $300 i will continue to ship with usps to canada. i've been shipping expensive art prints to canada and other countries now for quite awhile and they are infinitely faster, do less damage, and are far easier to deal with. and i have my own collectibles insurance coverage, so i can declare a low value so the recipient won't have to pay a duty. again this is just for the orders exceeding $300. if the buyer strongly prefers usps they can let me know and we'll work it out. 

On 2/2/2019 at 6:51 PM, JohnH19 said:

I think all private carriers like DHL and UPS charge their own customs fees. It’s a very expensive additional cost for Canadians to receive a package of any value.

i am not aware of any website, usps, paypal, or other, that lets you print labels for usps first class international mail. everyone limits the options to priority and other pricey choices. please let me know if someone knows where i can do this outside of standing in line at the post office. also i changed the terms and i will ship via usps to canada for any dollar amount. i am just recommending DHL for those who purchase a lot of books. 

in other news i will start this sale this friday night at 5;30pm PST and go for 1-2 hours. then resume on saturday morning at 10am PST. 

12 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i am not aware of any website, usps, paypal, or other, that lets you print labels for usps first class international mail. everyone limits the options to priority and other pricey choices. please let me know if someone knows where i can do this outside of standing in line at the post office. also i changed the terms and i will ship via usps to canada for any dollar amount. i am just recommending DHL for those who purchase a lot of books. 

in other news i will start this sale this friday night at 5;30pm PST and go for 1-2 hours. then resume on saturday morning at 10am PST. 

You can print first class international at both paypal and usps.com

you are limited to four pounds - after that, it has to go priority

Edited by lizards2

21 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
32 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

You can print first class international at both paypal and usps.com

you are limited to four pounds - after that, it has to go priority

Edited 18 minutes ago by lizards2

And, if you purchase your postage through paypal, it is discounted.

36 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

And, if you purchase your postage through paypal, it is discounted.

thanks mike- i have used paypal for shipping but find that they have very limited selection of package options. but i'll look into it more. 

I believe the only options they don't have is Regional Rate A and B shipping options.

21 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I believe the only options they don't have is Regional Rate A and B shipping options.

as far as i can see, to ship to canada on paypal using usps, i can choose letter or envelope. there is no option for shipping a package first class international mail.