• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers #10

6 posts in this topic

Similar to previous post, grabbed this off eBay and looking for feedback.  Will share price paid once feedback is in.

Condition is pretty much as pictured, no defects that aren’t clearly visible (nothing loose, detached, split and you can see the minor tears in photos).  Look forward to your comments, thanks!

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Your enthusiasm is terrific, but I’d suggest you slow down a bit and become more educated before submitting any more books to CGC. This book, with its water stains and other damage likely won’t grade out higher than 3.0 and could be lower. Right now a graded 3.0 is worth around $75. Between the purchase price, clean and press, grading fees, and shipping both ways, you are most likely going to be in the hole if you were going to try to sell the book. If you use Ebay or one of the comic book auction firms to sell, that firm would take a nice chunk as well. I think a good rule of thumb is that a Silver Age book should have a raw value of $250 or higher before you consider sending it in for grading. If it were me, I would put it in a mylar for another decade or so and see if the value escalates.