• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer on ebay want's me to ship to different address than listed
1 1

28 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Well I just refunded the money thru PP this morning, but am now having issues cancelling the order because ebay wants to refund the $$$ a 2nd time....wtf!  Had to call ebay and get them to cancel the transaction and give me a refund on FVFee.  Still waiting on this to happen.  I didn't know the process to do this correctly so now I'm in a loop.  Thanks for all the advice!

You did the right thing. He might be telling the truth, but it has the earmarks of a hi-jacked account.  Call eBay back and ask for security. Tell them you suspect the account is hi-jacked. If you have already done that, ask for a supervisor, if that doesn't work, ask for a manager. They will call  you back, sometimes it takes a day, but they will fix it eventually. Sorry you had to go through all that.

15 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Unless you know the customer I would NOT ship to another address.

Even if you know the buyer; have done business with the buyer, the rules dictate shipment to the address stipulated by paypal/ebay. For everything to jive with buyer and seller protection, and fulfill obligations, that's where it should be sent. I just had a conversation with a friend about this. He was upset that he won a book and the seller wouldn't ship it directly to CGC! Seller told him that he had to send it to him first, and then he could send it to CGC if he chose to. He was upset with the seller and I told him, "Don't be. The seller is right. You bought the book. The seller has no choice other than sending it to you, at the address registered to your account".

Edited by James J Johnson

I naively shipped a book to a secondary address recently and the ebay buyer claimed it was never received despite tracking saying it was delivered. I informed buyer that the package was insured so he had recourse, but i was not going to initiate the process because it looked delivered on my end. I asked my local PO clerk and they agreed saying the buyers delivery person may have done something wonky (eg leave the package with an apartment manager and marked it ‘delivered’). Buyer opened a case against me on ebay, which was dropped with a phone call to customer service. Everything worked out, but a lot of email exchanges with buyer explaining why I'm not accountable and an overall PITA and waste of time on my end.

I just did this exact thing and sent to an address a customer requested over eBay messaging. It gave me pause but I saved the eBay message of him requesting to ship to another address and mailed the comics to him as requested. 

I got positive feedback and he made another bulk purchase from me a week after receiving the original purchase. I noticed that he updated his shipping address this time. No more confusion. 

He did have decent feedback as far as recent activity and purchases from comic-related vendors. There was also timely communication. 

On 1/13/2019 at 5:35 PM, mysterio said:

I just got my first negative on eBay for this. A woman asked me to ship to another address because they were traveling for Christmas, I told her to change her address with eBay because I would send to whatever address was generated when I made the label from her payment. I did just that, then got a negative because I shipped to her Florida address on the payment when she told me via e-mail to ship to North Carolina. I complained to eBay but so far the negative is still there. She said that the eBay rep told her over the phone that an e-mail with a new address was fine.

Was the negative removed?