• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Give me your top 10 favorite comic artists
2 2

129 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

I actually hate Janson's inks over JR. I think JRJR needs a Terry Austin inking his stuff. 

Eh, different strokes and all of that. I owned a few JRJr/Janson pages for a time, and I adored them.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:45 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

In no particular order: Jim Lee

Alan Davis

Milo Manara

Joe Madureira

Dale Eaglesham 

Jack Kirby

Dave Cockrum

Salvador Larocca

Frank Cho

Carlos Pacheco

Oof. Can't believe I forgot two of my absolute favourites. Lose Pacheco and Larocca, replace with Ashley Wood and Darwyn Cooke. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, WoWitHurts said:

I actually hate Janson's inks over JR. I think JRJR needs a Terry Austin inking his stuff. 

Agreed.  For the most part, Janson's inks over Romita Jr were brutal and he really didn't add anything to John's art with a few notable exceptions such as Punisher War Zone, where Klaus captured the scratchy, dirty world of organized crime quite well, and with the Hearts of Darkness one-shot.  Since then, Klaus' inks over John didn't embellish so much as merely trace over John's pencils.

Jack Kirby

John Romita

Steve Ditko

Eduardo Risso

Dave Stevens

Walt Simonson

Jim Steranko

McSpidey

Sam Keith

John Totlebon

Honorable Mentions:  Bruce Timm, Darwyn Cooke, Frank Miller, Neal Adams, Dale Keown, Simon Bisley, John Cassady, Jim Lee, Gil Kane, Sal Buscema (old school), the EC guys

Edited by chrisco37