• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Feb 2019 Auction
3 3

203 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Who, if anyone, did he replace? And why?

That's what I was thinking.  Sandoval is still there.  Did the Mannarinos retire? 

They did send out an e-mail about how well the comic auctions have been going, so maybe he's a net addition to the comics staff. 

Well, looks like I just got back from a 3-week all sunny 😎 vacation in time for the closing of this Heritage Auction here.

From looking at some of the interim bids last night, is it just me or do they appear to be a tad on the soft side RIGHT NOW?

I guess we will just have to wait until the hammer comes down on these lots in the next couple of days. hm  :taptaptap:

I never had a problem with Mark. I would see him at conventions in the 70's go to his house he was always a real nice guy to talk and deal with.

Mark Wilson  I wish you the best of luck in your new comic journey (thumbsu

The Brian Bolland Killing Joke panels page did slightly better than the Baker Cover. I'm a little surprised o.O 

Since I'm not an original art expert, are Bolland pieces as scarce on the market as Baker covers? 

24 minutes ago, sagii said:

The Brian Bolland Killing Joke panels page did slightly better than the Baker Cover. I'm a little surprised o.O 

Since I'm not an original art expert, are Bolland pieces as scarce on the market as Baker covers? 

+1

I was also surprised at how low the Baker Seven Seas #5 OA cover sold for, relative to some of the other much higher prices that much more recent interior pages have been fetching so far.  hm  (shrug)

Is it just me or is their Live Auction portion of their site not working as well as it has in previous auctions?  

It seems that I can't see the video or even hear the auctioneer this time.  Plus every time I jump into another tab, it send me back to the previous page instead of putting me right back into the Live Auction page and I have to go in all over again and then disable the Live Bidding function in order to avoid hitting the wrong button.  :censored:

Strange since I have't change any of the setting on my computer.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or is their Live Auction portion of their site not working as well as it has in previous auctions?  

It seems that I can't see the video or even hear the auctioneer this time.  Plus every time I jump into another tab, it send me back to the previous page instead of puitting me right back into the Live Auction page.  Strange since I have't change any of the setting on my computer.  hm

The auctioneer is very lively though. Really pitching all the items with enthusiasm 

1 minute ago, sagii said:

The auctioneer is very lively though. Really pitching all the items with enthusiasm 

It is great for a change, it will be interesting to see what the All Star bound set goes for, I remember seeing it on CC and I believe it was purchased by a other major dealer to see if the books could be separated, that is why in the CC description it did not have the cover and first 2 pages which were apart from the binding.

My top list  is 

1-Carl Barks Student Witch which contains a barks duck character from a edited story. Here is you chance to get a duck related painting at a fraction of the cost. I remember seeing on the Geppi Barks video when the painting were all on display in his gallery, Carl commenting on this painting. It great and a masterpiece in my opinion and under 25K is is a pure steal. I think its at about 12K now.

2- Jetta 5-great book great future, amazing condition.

3-Superman 38 double cover 9.8...I don't know if you could find a better copy on the newsstand 

43 minutes ago, sagii said:

I thought the Seven Seas cover went a little low. As for Bolland, there is a lot of competition for Killing Joke pages in particular, as more an more folks look back on that story as an important flashpoint. Bolland's artwork is pretty precise and incredible and he is not working in pen and ink any longer.

12 minutes ago, sagii said:

Since I cannot see the video for some reason :mad: , all I can say is that the auctioneer must be quite patient and trying to milk the lots for as much as they can get.

I was watching the Famous Funnies 209 cover OA and it looked like it sat at the pre-live auction bid of $350K for the longest time :taptaptap: before they finally gave it the Fair Warning sign.  After that it appeared to be a fight between a very hesitant bidder and a very quick to the draw bidder as the hammer price finally came down at $460K for a final price of $552K including the juice.  (thumbsu