• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Feb 2019 Auction
3 3

203 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

$31,200 on the Great 3. Strong!

Well, all I can say is that's definitely a GREAT price on the great 3. :applause:

Especially for a CGC 8.0 graded copy that's got 2 other copies in slightly higher grades.  Definitely no softness here when it comes to this particular book.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, atomised said:

bagged it :headbang:

police comics.jpeg

Congrats on the pickup of a book that has really moved right up there in terms of the demand factor.  (thumbsu

Well deserved and long overdue as this book had seemingly fallen off the radar and relatively under appreciated for the longest while when compared to some of the other hot GA #1 first appearance books.  :applause:

1 hour ago, clarkkentdds said:

Supes prices were very soft.

I am not so sure about that, as it looks like it sort of depends where the book was placed in the catalogue.  (shrug)

All of the Supes books that were in the Platinum Session seems ti have done noticeably better than the ones that were left in the regular session.  hm

47 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, all I can say is that's definitely a GREAT price on the great 3. :applause:

Especially for a CGC 8.0 graded copy that's got 2 other copies in slightly higher grades.  Definitely no softness here when it comes to this particular book.  (thumbsu

That was what kept me from going higher.  It's not highest graded and the Church and Penn copies are out there.  I thought $30k was a bit unreasonable, but I could stomach it.  I don't know that you could reasonably get 75% of that back if you needed to.  But congrats to the winner, at least they have a killer copy of an amazing book!

5 minutes ago, buttock said:
56 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Especially for a CGC 8.0 graded copy that's got 2 other copies in slightly higher grades.  

That was what kept me from going higher.  It's not highest graded and the Church and Penn copies are out there.  I thought $30k was a bit unreasonable, but I could stomach it.  I don't know that you could reasonably get 75% of that back if you needed to.

I would tend to agree with you here, especially in the situation here where it's really only 2 bidders that are bidding the book past the $16K mark.  (thumbsu

The only thing I would say is that your estimate of a possible 75% drop seems a tad high to me, as the other bidders most likely dropped out somewhere around the 50 percentile mark.  hm

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I would tend to agree with you here, especially in the situation here where it's really only 2 bidders that are bidding the book past the $16K mark.  (thumbsu

The only thing I would say is that your estimate of a possible 75% drop seems a tad high to me, as the other bidders most likely dropped out somewhere around the 50 percentile mark.  hm

There were other folks interested in the book,  even in the low to mid 20s...

30 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

There were other folks interested in the book,  even in the low to mid 20s...

Yes, the "silent" bidders who don't bother to bid unless it's coming down to the end and they think they have a real shot at getting the book.  

And exactly why I said the 75% downside risk on the buyer was probably a bit overstated.  (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, the "silent" bidders who don't bother to bid unless it's coming down to the end and they think they have a real shot at getting the book.  

And exactly why I said the 75% downside risk on the buyer was probably a bit overstated.  (thumbsu

Sometimes bidders know who is going after a book and they either step aside or know they have no chance to win so they don’t bid  (shrug)

7 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Sometimes bidders know who is going after a book and they either step aside or know they have no chance to win so they don’t bid  (shrug)

Well, let's certainly hope this doesn't happen to those beautiful looking Centaurs in the upcoming CC auction that just started this week and scheduled to wrap up in the middle of March.  :wishluck:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Well, let's certainly hope this doesn't happen to those beautiful looking Centaurs in the upcoming CC auction that just started this week and scheduled to wrap up in the middle of March.  :wishluck:

:wishluck: