Heritage Feb 2019 Auction
4 4

203 posts in this topic

23,171 posts

one word: unbelievable  :whatthe:

OA, GA and SA offerings. Just WOW !

Edited by Gotham Kid

52,863 posts

I thought that maybe that lady who stars in Law & Order was having an auction.

1,468 posts

Yes, the original art is pretty stunning with a Frazetta Famous Funnies Cover and a Matt Baker Seven Seas cover. I dont collect original art but for a GA collector those pieces are both landmarks in the hobby, its a privilege just to see them.

326 posts
On 1/13/2019 at 5:01 AM, Gotham Kid said:

one word: unbelievable  :whatthe:

OA, GA and SA offerings. Just WOW !

The OA selection looks good for those who collect it. The GA comic offerings looked about average to me. Too many C/OW books.

9,216 posts
34 minutes ago, telerites said:

Maybe it's enhanced but this Planet pops

20268570%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Even when I put my sunglasses on, I still can't make out that label on the top right.  :devil:

10,911 posts
4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The OA really looks strong.  will do very well. 

Matt Baker OA cover to Seven Seas #5 with large image of Baker-girl. I just wet myself. 9_9

22,807 posts
42 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Matt Baker OA cover to Seven Seas #5 with large image of Baker-girl. I just wet myself. 9_9

Baker fan that I am, SS 5 has never done it for me.  I like SS 4 and SS 6 sooo much more.  Not that I'd mind having that SS 5 OA cover!

23,171 posts
15 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

The OA selection looks good for those who collect it. The GA comic offerings looked about average to me. Too many C/OW books.

Still, HA clearly has the advantage over the other 2 for this round.

326 posts

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Still, HA clearly has the advantage over the other 2 for this round.

That may be, but none of them have very exciting offerings compared to what was typical a few years ago. The only book that caught my eye in the HA auction was the Larson Marvel Mystery no. 8, and then I took a closer look and saw the rust on the staple.:tonofbricks:

9,089 posts
2 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

That may be, but none of them have very exciting offerings compared to what was typical a few years ago. The only book that caught my eye in the HA auction was the Larson Marvel Mystery no. 8, and then I took a closer look and saw the rust on the staple.:tonofbricks:

99% of the Larson Copies have rust, foxing & other moisture damage.  They were kept in a barn for a few decades after all! If you cannot accept those flaws, then Larson's are probably not the pedigree for you.

12,230 posts
7 minutes ago, Timely said:

99% of the Larson Copies have rust, foxing & other moisture damage.  They were kept in a barn for a few decades after all! If you cannot accept those flaws, then Larson's are probably not the pedigree for you.

I actually feel a little tingly when I look at Larson books :luhv:

9,276 posts
21 hours ago, telerites said:

Maybe it's enhanced but this Planet pops

20268570%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Fully tuned in, Heritage's new LSD66 color resolution scanning system turns on faster with fewer bidder drop outs.

5,472 posts

So I can look forward to receiving my "bumper book of comics you'll never own" from Heritage? One of these days they'll realise I never buy anything in these auctions and stop sending them. lol