• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome to CGC limbo, awaiting approval =)

15 posts in this topic

Hello CGC friends,

just posting to try and speed up this approval process, can't wait to join in on all the forum fun!!

new member but an interstellar collector lol

It's tough choosing which books I want to send in for the first round of grading, personal favs for my collection or re-sellers to pay for more rounds of grading

much<3

Burn1 

I just sent a spiderman 33 to get graded and its been a while but make sure to take pictures of your stuff first to compare cause stuff gets screwed in the mail. As far as the approval process I'm pretty sure they take up to a week to check and make sure it's a legit certified comic. Than they decide if and how to grade it. It can take months I've heard and I've heard weeks from others. That's why I sent in 1 just to see how much and how it goes. I've also bought many already graded comics 

I'd send in a test round first to see how your grading aligns (or doesn't align) with CGC's, before you drop too much money

5 hours ago, stevie619 said:

As far as the approval process I'm pretty sure they take up to a week to check and make sure it's a legit certified comic. Than they decide if and how to grade it. It can take months I've heard and I've heard weeks from others. That's why I sent in 1 just to see how much and how it goes. 

I have no idea what you are refering to here ? ' they take up to a week to check and make sure it's a legit certified comic.'  

5 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

When you first sign up you are allowed 2 posts then your account is frozen until they check things over then give you the go ahead. Maybe that's what he is referring to.

I was not aware of this. Maybe that's why there are so many one and done accounts.  They ask some ridiculous question or post some insane complaint with their 2 posts and never come back. 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I still don't understand what the heck is being discussed in this thread. (shrug) Can someone translate this for me. 'I meant they take however long to verify it is certified I bealive.'

He is talking about getting his book verified after it is unpacked by CGC.  Also, I am not sure about this 2 post rule, I don't recall getting it.  I paid to become a member, it may be different for different plans.

Just remembered... I had to wait for my first post to be reviewed before it came up, it took about 3 days...

In some ways I wish I was still ignorant and was sitting on 200k of comic books...

I am still ignorant but I know I don't have 200k in books, hehe!

Edited by Karl Liebl