• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think is going on here?

11 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, the blob said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Rusty staples freak me out, but the inside doesn't look like one

Looks like the book spent some time sitting under another book with a rusty staple and it's bled into it.

12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Looks like the book spent some time sitting under another book with a rusty staple and it's bled into it.

Or sitting on top of and bled upward as there is no sign of this on the front cover or middle pages. Anyway, maybe the seller will respond. I wonder if that could be cleaned without being resto? (Not that the book is worth doing that for. oh well)

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Or sitting on top of and bled upward as there is no sign of this on the front cover or middle pages. Anyway, maybe the seller will respond. I wonder if that could be cleaned without being resto? (Not that the book is worth doing that for. oh well)

Regarding cleaning, I doubt it, as the rust bleeds through the BC onto the pages. Just get your money back.

35 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Regarding cleaning, I doubt it, as the rust bleeds through the BC onto the pages. Just get your money back.

Have not bought it. If it does not have a rusty staple and it is just a small stain, but it is a stain that makes it look like a rusty staple so if I ever try to sell outside a cgc case it will be hard.  I wonder how much cgc would hammer an otherwise 6.0 - 6.5 book? At 6.0-6.5 it is probably worth a slab.