• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on My Comic Display
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Howdy!

I've read through several threads discussing comic display set ups and wanted to get a few opinions on mine as regards keeping the comics safe and maintaining condition.

All the comics I display are CGC graded and are displayed using these frames (http://www.gradecomstore.com/graded-comic-book-frames/) with UV protection static cling sheets.

The comics being displayed are changed out every 2 months. When not displayed they are stored in BCW graded comic bins (https://www.bcwsupplies.com/graded-comic-book-bin). The comics range from modern keys and variants to major, high grade silver age keys.

They are displayed in a dimly lit bedroom with one window with perpetually closed blinds. The bedroom is adjoined to a bathroom with a commonly used shower. The comics are displayed on the wall to the left of the window as far from the window as possible but very near the entrance to the bathroom. The stored comics are next to the wall near the window.

I live in an apartment, so my options are limited, but I'm curious for any advice based on the above. I will try to upload some pictures later.

Thanks!

Comic Setup 1.jpg

Comic Setup 2.jpg

Edited by Varanis

50 minutes ago, jcjames said:

So far, they're a little hard to see!

:grin:

Haha. You are not wrong! I can see them well enough in the dark and I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that short periods of the light turned on won't damage them at all.

45 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I'm of the opinion that comics should never be displayed.  Take a scan and hang that on the wall.

I definitely understand this perspective, but I enjoy having the artifact present and visible. It has a lot more meaning than a representation and I derive a much lower level of enjoyment when they are locked away. I'm confident there are ways to display which mitigate the vast majority of potential damage.

3 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I'm of the opinion that comics should only be used in a way that brings you joy.  Display them, invest in them, read them.  Whatever makes YOU happy.

100% agree! I also want to make sure I'm not comprising their condition while displaying.