• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This guy!
3 3

72 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

image.thumb.png.f04a3790be94f6a3a71ecbf54aa2b327.pngimage.thumb.png.ffae7246b2332152c2d90158869baa3f.png

image.thumb.png.27c7a1a313b0506ae477dc2f8e97d836.png

OK-- based on what this guy said-- he paid $410 for this book. So he bought this already graded as a .5

So why is he complaining about the grade? If he felt it was under graded-- that is fine-- buy it and do whatever. Don't act like you submitted it yourself.

Pretty obvious that you did not submit it yourself dude-- you opened a priority mail package clearly not sent by CGC.

What a totally fake video. I also found the talk about his cat annoying-- I skipped over it.

And this book is far more faded than he says in the video-- I copied these images up here so we can have these pictures available for future readers.

I also agree that he is overlooking the graders notes and assuming the interior didn't also impact the grade further. CGC would not bother to put that in the description-- the detached cover comment is standard though.

24 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

and if this dude is planning on sending the book into another grading service-- why not crack it open and take a look at the entire thing? -- not just push the glared filled image on the plastic up to screen. Oh I know why-- because then the .5 grade might become fairly obvious to everyone watching.

:bump:

He posted another video where he found a faded book in a 9.8 slab in response to the daredevil comments where he’s apparently saying cgc is making mistakes and making poor grading decisions. I have to say being home with the flu and nothing better to do this is fun to watch unfold lol. 

Then he posted another video in response to THAT video responding to comments about the book possibly having been faded after being graded and he basically says not possible because the label didn’t fade in his comments. He also says if that was his book he would crack it out because it would be dishonest to sell as a 9.8. He’s apparently righteous. Will he disclose that cgc graded his daredevil a .5 when he tries to sell it as a pgx 2.0? Will his cat develop another uti? Stay tuned...

I skipped around and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. All sorts of misinformation. He doesn't think the grade should be hit for that horribly faded cover? Also, I know for a fact that CGC will give higher grades than 3.0 to certain books with completely detached covers! This guy's got a lot to learn. 

1 hour ago, newshane said:

I skipped around and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. All sorts of misinformation. He doesn't think the grade should be hit for that horribly faded cover? Also, I know for a fact that CGC will give higher grades than 3.0 to certain books with completely detached covers! This guy's got a lot to learn. 

I've seen 4.0s with completely detached covers. Almost exclusively Golden Age and PCH, but it happens.

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've seen 4.0s with completely detached covers. Almost exclusively Golden Age and PCH, but it happens.

Yep. I think 4.0 is the cutoff, but I wouldn't boldly proclaim as much. 

I have certainly seen a 4.0 with a detached cover. Someone tried to sell it to me, but I am no fan of rusty staples and detachment. As you mentioned, it was a Golden Age book. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:31 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I thought I remember it being Chris? hm

I finally remember who I was thinking of. Mike Wheeler. He has made a career of making himself look stupid on Facebook and other places as well. I don't think this guy in the video is him though.

Wow all the haters here! So many street vermin and rats........my God! Smells like a sewer in here. (Where's the Lysol.........). The comic community is a LOVING community? Full of tolerance and respect for one person's opinion? Give me a break.......not in here. Oh we are such "experts" in here on this forum, arent we....look at us...such a vast wealth of knowledge.....more like a vast wealth of street mess.......every person in here that is filled with such hate and spews forth poison that sucks up the air around them that nobody can breath.

12 minutes ago, John L. said:

Wow all the haters here! So many street vermin and rats........my God! Smells like a sewer in here. (Where's the Lysol.........). The comic community is a LOVING community? Full of tolerance and respect for one person's opinion? Give me a break.......not in here. Oh we are such "experts" in here on this forum, arent we....look at us...such a vast wealth of knowledge.....more like a vast wealth of street mess.......every person in here that is filled with such hate and spews forth poison that sucks up the air around them that nobody can breath.

Guess that must be your video?

5 hours ago, John L. said:

Your passion is admirable.

9 hours ago, John L. said:

Where did you get the idea that comic collectors were tolerant and respectful? Hell I was at a boxing match one time and was basically snoozing. Luckily 2 guys in the stands started the age old DC vs Marvel and the audience finally got its moneys worth.

10 hours ago, John L. said:

Annnnnnnnnnnddddddd...:popcorn: