• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This guy!
3 3

72 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Dan82 said:

Just listen to this grown man whinge and cry about his .5 DD#1...

His voice really is like nails on a blackboard. I could stand all of 8 minutes of it. See how you do.

https://youtu.be/MS6NsmHH0bE

Legit, I knew who it was before I clicked on the link simply by reading the description (highlights/lowlights) of what was said. :roflmao: If you want a real good laugh, I will find the link to the podcast where he channels his inner Tony Robbins and gives this wishy washy self help advice for comic collectors.  "If you want an AF15 all you have to do is believe that you will have an AF15 and you will get an AF15."  It's hilarious!  I had people calling me and texting me telling me about it when he live streamed it.  I'm not a listener.

FYI:: this guy has some kind of endorcement deal with PGX where he gets a couple books graded for free each month.  I'm shocked by the number of viewers he has.  It literally pains me that he is well received within certain circles in our community.    

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I don't mind people having opinions, and sharing them with the world. It's a beautiful thing.

What I mind is the idea that he'll probably come along and say that any mention of him here or on other forums is just by "haters" who obviously have some sort of "agenda" to push...as many, many have claimed before him. I suspect the idea that he might be wrong won't even enter his head for a second.

We've completely lost the ability to think critically. Everything is about how we feel in the moment. If we don't get it back, we are doomed.

Plus, at 10:47 (I could only stand about a minute and a half total) he says "tatered" (as in potato), rather than tattered.

2r6rkw.jpg

On 1/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

THIS IS GRADED TOO LOW..... CGC IS THE BEST.... CBTS IS THE MOST STRICTEST, SOMEHOW CGC GRADES LOWER THAN CBTS..... ??? all within the first 5 minutes :roflmao: 

LOOK AT HOW GREAT THE CONDITION IS! ALL IT THAT IS WRONG WITH IT IS IT IS MISSING A 4TH OF THE BACK COVER AND THE COVER IS DETACHED!....

Also loved the first 3 minutes that said, if you want to send me free stuff, there is a address at the bottom of the page pfffttt :roflmao: 

You have everything pretty much wrapped up in your response. 

I will add that I loved how he endorses cgc as king. Then uses another grading company's grading standards. And finally decides to send it to the least respected so he can get a grade that he feels is right. 

Self delusion is not the answer .....yikes.....

Edited by wolverine180
Misspelled word

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on the link, but I did...

So we have "this guy" yammering on for 40 minutes with his *constructive criticism* of CGC and the grade they assigned the book, and yet he refuses to pay the $5 for CGC grader notes. Ya think that might help explain why the grade was given .5?

I mean, why be fully informed? He's just gonna crack it open that slab and resubmit it for a higher grade, and show the world why everyone else is wrong!

:flipbait:

18 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on the link, but I did...

So we have "this guy" yammering on for 40 minutes with his *constructive criticism* of CGC and the grade they assigned the book, and yet he refuses to pay the $5 for CGC grader notes. Ya think that might help explain why the grade was given .5?

I mean, why be fully informed? He's just gonna crack it open that slab and resubmit it for a higher grade, and show the world why everyone else is wrong!

:flipbait:

I didn't watch more than a minute or two of the video (for obvious reasons), but if he subbed the book himself or knows who did, he can just log in and get the notes for free. No need to pay if you are the submitter. 

On 1/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, Cliff R. said:

Here's a link to the Ebay auction for this book...

Daredevil #1 CGC .5

The book does look a little worse in the listing than in the video.

Here is a different DD #1, CGC 1.0. It has a large piece missing from the lower left front cover, but no fading.

Daredevil #1 CGC 1.0

image.thumb.png.f04a3790be94f6a3a71ecbf54aa2b327.pngimage.thumb.png.ffae7246b2332152c2d90158869baa3f.png

image.thumb.png.27c7a1a313b0506ae477dc2f8e97d836.png

OK-- based on what this guy said-- he paid $410 for this book. So he bought this already graded as a .5

So why is he complaining about the grade? If he felt it was under graded-- that is fine-- buy it and do whatever. Don't act like you submitted it yourself.

Pretty obvious that you did not submit it yourself dude-- you opened a priority mail package clearly not sent by CGC.

What a totally fake video. I also found the talk about his cat annoying-- I skipped over it.

And this book is far more faded than he says in the video-- I copied these images up here so we can have these pictures available for future readers.

I also agree that he is overlooking the graders notes and assuming the interior didn't also impact the grade further. CGC would not bother to put that in the description-- the detached cover comment is standard though.

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

image.thumb.png.5e4bf63d595c246bad30f5140007f373.png

One last point-- this guy hit the buy it now button in less than ten minutes from the time it was posted on ebay.

And just by those pics on eBay and even before holding the book in hand, this savant from Flip City realized that the CGC grade was well off the mark.

He says that he plans to crack out the slab and submit it to PGX, where he predicts it'll get a grade between 1.8 and 2.5.

Bravo. :golfclap: