• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what happens in 2020?

35 posts in this topic

Makes sense that Marvel can't make any announcements until after Endgame since nearly all the planned movie characters are "dead."

I'd love a status update on The Batman, tho. (Like...who will be playing him.)

On 1/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Are there any movies scheduled for 2020 and beyond. Seems like all the announcements have ceased and the last movie is Joker

Marvel Studios won't be announcing any Phase 4 films after Spider-Man: Far From Home until after Avengers: Endgame.

Worlds of DC just doesn't have their chit together, unfortunately, so until something actually has a trailer there are no guarantees the film will ever hit theaters.

Marvel is waiting for Endgame.

DC is waiting till after Shazam and WW 2, and there have already been hints to a Flashpoint event.  Odds are they are waiting to see how the dust settles, so the can decide which character/ actor combinations to keep and move forward with.

Looking into my Magic 8 Ball...

1.  New Thor movie will be announced

2.  Announcement of Guardians Of The Galaxy (Taika will not direct this because he will be doing the new Thor movie)

3.  Venom 2 will be announced

4.  New Fantastic Four MCU movie will be announced

5.  Aquaman 2 will be announced

6.  With the success of Wonder Woman and Aquaman DC has to keep up the run and make another solo super hero movie...Cyborg^^

10 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Looking into my Magic 8 Ball...

1.  New Thor movie will be announced

2.  Announcement of Guardians Of The Galaxy (Taika will not direct this because he will be doing the new Thor movie)

3.  Venom 2 will be announced

4.  New Fantastic Four MCU movie will be announced

5.  Aquaman 2 will be announced

6.  With the success of Wonder Woman and Aquaman DC has to keep up the run and make another solo super hero movie...Cyborg^^

lolwut

I think that Cyborg is probably all the way in the back of Worlds of DC's mind (despite planning to use Zack Snyder's cut Justice League footage in his solo movie at some point). They really do need to flesh out Flash, Cyborg, and the Green Lantern Corps.

Worlds of DC needs to move forward with a Man of Steel sequel, too.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

lolwut

I think that Cyborg is probably all the way in the back of Worlds of DC's mind (despite planning to use Zack Snyder's cut Justice League footage in his solo movie at some point). They really do need to flesh out Flash, Cyborg, and the Green Lantern Corps.

Worlds of DC needs to move forward with a Man of Steel sequel, too.

Hahaha I'm not Cleo with a crystal balllol.

Cyborg is a one of those "if I wish it hard enough it will come true".  He's a black Robocop.  What's not to love!

***Green Lantern Corps would be epic

5 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Hahaha I'm not Cleo with a crystal balllol.

Cyborg is a one of those "if I wish it hard enough it will come true".  He's a black Robocop.  What's not to love!

***Green Lantern Corps would be epic

I wouldn't mind Cyborg being the Worlds of DC's Hulk (only appearing in Justice League films). He's not a compelling solo character. Great in both Teen Titans and the New 52 Justice League, though.

Green Lantern Corps still has a "release year" of 2020. I don't think that's possible at this time, but it's still at the front of WB's list for DC productions. I could see it coming out in 2021, though. GL requires a lot of CGI.

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Green Lantern Corps still has a "release year" of 2020. I don't think that's possible at this time, but it's still at the front of WB's list for DC productions. I could see it coming out in 2021, though. GL requires a lot of CGI.

Not if they go with a lower budget like Venom's to maximize profit........... :devil:

Edited by kimik

You're right. The GL costume would look like green glowing vomit, but the profit and rate of return would be higher than if they go big budget just like Venom....... :devil:

Edited by kimik