• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*IMPORTANT* CGC 1st Appearance Stan Lee
2 2

91 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

What exactly are you arguing for ? What do you want from CGC? CGC hasn't 'said' anything. Apparently they are not acknowledging a 1st app in comics for Stan. Maybe they are trying to respect him. If not for the possibility of more money for your comic , why are you on this crusade ? Nodody, and I mean nobody is seeing it your way (whatever way that is). Please leave . 

Listen Blubber Bob, call CGC and ask them. I have had many conversations with CGC reps, in person and of course on the phone, they will tell anyone who asks that the 1950 Black Rider is the first comic book appearance of Stan Lee. This is what they say, and I never said that I agreed with it, but it is what CGC has "said" in person to me. When you say...."CGC hasn't 'said' anything. Apparently they are not acknowledging a 1st app in comics for Stan" is almost understanding what this topic is about. 

Of course it would mean more money for 1 of my comics. Duh, 

Let me make this very simple for you blubber boy, Stan Lee has been a character in hundreds of comics, what is his 1st appearance. I know...call CGC and ask them. Surely they would know. 

Then tell me what they say. Until then...go eat some more ice cream.  

10 minutes ago, jmulli said:

Listen Blubber Bob, call CGC and ask them. I have had many conversations with CGC reps, in person and of course on the phone, they will tell anyone who asks that the 1950 Black Rider is the first comic book appearance of Stan Lee. This is what they say, and I never said that I agreed with it, but it is what CGC has "said" in person to me. When you say...."CGC hasn't 'said' anything. Apparently they are not acknowledging a 1st app in comics for Stan" is almost understanding what this topic is about. 

Let me make this very simple for you blubber boy, Stan Lee has been a character in hundreds of comics, what is his 1st appearance. I know...call CGC and ask them. Surely they would know. 

Then tell me what they say. Until then...go eat some more ice cream.  

I just talked to CGC and they said you are a raving lunatic. If you don't believe me, call CGC, and ask them. This is what they say about you, and I never said I agree with it, but that is what CGC has 'said' to me.

27 minutes ago, jmulli said:

Finally, an admission of the real motivation for this thread. Honestly, I don't think anybody cares about your self serving crusade. What does it take for you to realize you lost? Go home, start a new thread, watch some Beavis and Butthead reruns to expand your vocabulary. But don't forget to call CGC first thing tomorrow and ask if they think you are a raving lunatic. 

15 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I just talked to CGC and they said you are a raving lunatic. If you don't believe me, call CGC, and ask them. This is what they say about you, and I never said I agree with it, but that is what CGC has 'said' to me.

I called them, too. But I agreed.

I can't recall anybody ever wasting more time on something so utterly irrelevant... that wasn't also entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I called them, too. But I agreed.

I can't recall anybody ever wasting more time on something so utterly irrelevant... that wasn't also entertaining.

Let us not forget what he has done for this community... 'CGC will now put Spider-Punk 1st appearance on label, thanks to me notifying them about it'.

1 hour ago, jmulli said:

You really can't be serious. I must have written it 10 times, this is what CGC says. CGC is saying that the 1950 Black Rider is his first appearance, call them. 

You are kidding me right? 

"CGC says"
"CGC says"
"CGC says"

It's like a broken record with you.  The rest of us have established a difference and definition for the verbiage used on CGC slabs. We've provided you with evidence of an earlier (actual) 1st appearance.  In a legal setting, we've got physical evidence to provide to the judge while you've got hearsay.  Your position is grounded in a circular reference of conversations with CGC reps that are hardly experts in the field of comics history.  I could call CGC but A) I don't have much faith that Janet (or whoever on the other end) has the same breadth of knowledge as some boardies here, and B) it's your crusade, not mine.

I mean, what about the appearance in Margie Comics #36 (1947) do you dispute?

I literally don't understand how in a previous thread you acknowledged an appearance in the '40s, and now are back as though Black Rider came first despite it being the '50's.  The only difference is that you now have this book.  I also don't understand how an entire board, some of who actually collect Golden Age books, voices reasonable thoughts and opinions on the subject, but you continue to reject what they have to say.  I know I know..."CGC says."  :facepalm:

If it isn’t on the label, hucksterism and profiteering will yield no extra bread from the sorry rube who pays a premium for “Stan Lee’s first appearance.”

So yeah, for this clown, it’s not about a lively discussion, the exchange of comic knowledge, or Stan Lee’s legacy. It’s about dollah dollar bills, y’all.

13 hours ago, jmulli said:

Go back to sleep bootlicker.  

11 hours ago, jmulli said:

yes they change reality Bevis,

Please fat n lazy little boy. 

Listen Blubber Bob  

Drax.gif.da44e1d2170e372c3a09b6f2ab5d7620.gif

7 hours ago, seanfingh said:

If it isn’t on the label, hucksterism and profiteering will yield no extra bread from the sorry rube who pays a premium for “Stan Lee’s first appearance.”

So yeah, for this clown, it’s not about a lively discussion, the exchange of comic knowledge, or Stan Lee’s legacy. It’s about dollah dollar bills, y’all.

You're the clown if you don't understand that the best way to honor The Man's legacy is to make sure this unhinged individual gets a few extra bucks on the flip.  How insensitive can you by, Sean?

Edited by Turtle

14 hours ago, jmulli said:

Call CGC and ask them what the 1st comic book appearance of Stan Lee is and they will tell you it is the 1950 Black Rider #8 (#1). 

The man has been in so many comics, but you will not find one CGC comic that notes "1st comic book appearance of Stan Lee" on a CGC label.

That dishonors all Stan has done for the comic world, in my opinion. Who has a bigger name in the world of comics? 

Your point would be far better served if you set aside the emotional language ("dishonors all Stan has done for the comic world") and made your case sticking just to the facts,

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Call CGC and ask them what the 1st comic book appearance of Stan Lee is and they will tell you it is the 1950 Black Rider #8 (#1). 

The man has been in so many comics, but you will not find one CGC comic that notes "1st comic book appearance of Stan Lee" on a CGC label.

That dishonors all Stan has done for the comic world, in my opinion. Who has a bigger name in the world of comics? 

Your point would be far better served if you set aside the emotional language ("dishonors all Stan has done for the comic world") and made your case sticking just to the facts,

Oops. Never mind, Didn't see the 3 additional pages.

Remember, folks...this is the kind of person who should be "given a pass", because maybe they "had a bad day", rather than calling it what it really is: a leopard revealing his spots.

:popcorn:

The important thing everybody should take away from this thread is that, if not for CGC noting it on their labels, nobody would realize that Amazing Fantasy 15 contains Spider-Man's first appearance and the book would be worthless. lol

14 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Congratulations on being the king of irrelevant garbage?

zzz CGC's issue notes are completely irrelevant. They do not matter. EVER!

Wow! How stupid can some people be? 1st appearance notes, according to this genius, do not matter, EVER!

Tell that to the guy who is selling the book that has in the notes "Spider-Man's 1st appearance".

On 1/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, jmulli said:

So, you are saying that the great Stan Lee does not deserve a 1st appearance noted. Even though he has appeared in hundreds of comics it is not dishonoring the man. Go back to sleep bootlicker.  

tenor.gif?itemid=7463971