• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*IMPORTANT* CGC 1st Appearance Stan Lee
2 2

91 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2019 at 8:16 PM, jmulli said:

By the way, CGC will now put Spider-Punk 1st appearance on label, thanks to me notifying them about it. So who knows who decides at CGC on the issue of who should be noted with a first appearance. It is not my job to tell them, but because of me Spider-Punk, Pickle Rick and others with now have a notation on the label that it is their 1st appearance. 

2r8m66.jpg 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, Bomber-Bob said:
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, jmulli said:

So, you are saying that the great Stan Lee does not deserve a 1st appearance noted. Even though he has appeared in hundreds of comics it is not dishonoring the man. Go back to sleep bootlicker.  

Bootlicker ? That's the best you got ? You are obvious not getting any sympathy for your crusade here. Please leave. Also, in your next reply, please think of something better than 'bootlicker'.  

I would run with Bootlickin' Bob or Blubber Bob, for they are far superior to Butthole Bob or Buttlickin' Bob.

On ‎2019‎/‎01‎/‎14 at 5:27 PM, ExNihilo said:

In the first panel he's referred to as "Mister Lee".  Then a few pages, he says "Just call me Stan."  That there is definitive proof of a legitimate 1st appearance contender.  1) Mentioned by name, 2) appears in multiple panels.

Anything other than that is simply you misunderstanding what CGC is trying to tell you.  And even if CGC mistakenly says "that's his 1st appearance" you're just gonna blindfully accept it contrary to proof that says otherwise?  Scientific method much?

Sorry, 1947 is the earliest appearance unless someone has a screenshot of Krazy Komics #12 proving otherwise.

And AGAIN, if you would be less stubborn and just accept Black Rider as the "1st cover photo of Stan Lee" i'd give it to you.  But you're so hung up on it saying "1st appearance" when it isn't an appearance by any definition of the phrase as used in the comics medium.

I even question if you can say "1st photo cover of Stan Lee" since the image is of the Black Rider. Stan is cosplaying as the Black Rider, so effectively the label needs to be: "1st photo cover of Stan Lee dressed as the Black Rider" :baiting:

12 hours ago, WellWellWell said:

Are you going to tell me you couldn't read the boards while on suspension? lol

No. It's just not as fun to read the boards on suspension, because I can't post. I spent much, much, more time on playing card and hockey forums than just reading around here.

It would be like going to a party, standing around a few friends talking, but being unable to interject an opinion.

I also spent time looking at sales listings, etc. I want to be immersed in an experience; not just read a bunch of jabroni drivel.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:
14 hours ago, WellWellWell said:

Are you going to tell me you couldn't read the boards while on suspension? lol

No. It's just not as fun to read the boards on suspension, because

Why were you on suspension? 

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Why were you on suspension? 

Apparently because I disagree with the premise of grading video games. The removed post doesn't violate any guidelines, and it was more than 3 weeks old when I was suspended for it. CGC customer service claims that moderation isn't punishing/targeting me (for requesting review of warnings that do not merit warning points), but actions speak louder than words.

I'm free now. For how long - we'll see.