• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You're old if you purchased these

40 posts in this topic

I had hundreds of those.  I also remember them starting to feel weird, almost gooey feeling after I got back from finishing college and went to check my collection out. I freaked out and threw them all away.

Of course the collection was in bunch of long boxes. Damn those things were heavy.

1 minute ago, CatskillMike said:

I had hundreds of those.  I also remember them starting to feel weird, almost gooey feeling after I got back from finishing college and went to check my collection out. I freaked out and threw them all away.

Of course the collection was in bunch of long boxes. Damn those things were heavy.

I took this one off a book I just bought, and it is clear and clean - no gooey.

15 minutes ago, JohnFranklin said:

I wonder if mine is older, my "Robert Bell" bag doesn't present (For Current Comics)......I may be really OLD.

Oddly enough, this "Current" size bag is 7 1/2 " wide....., 

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

There is a dealer I see once a year that still uses them. They look pretty clear too. He might have bought out all of the backstock of them. It cracks me up. 

My experience has been that if you don't put them on books, they stay pristine.  The books are what turns them yucky, and the poorer the storage conditions, the  yuckier they get.

7 minutes ago, Philreal said:

I thought the Silver Age Ultra-Pro was the next big thing until I had to cut my board to fit into them!:frustrated:

SA ULTRA PRO.JPG

and how many slices to the covers have you had using those