• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 121 - Who should have been the one to die?
2 2

Who should have died in ASM 121?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. ASM 121 - Who should have been the one to die?

• Gwen Stacy
    • J. Jonah Jameson
    • Harry Osborn
    • Norman Osborn
    • Aunt May
    • Mary Jane Watson
    • Randy Robertson
    • Joe "Robbie" Robertson
    • Eugene "Flash" Thompson

46 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, thunsicker said:

But she wasn't the first Howling Commando to die.

Image result for sgt fury 4

Who names their kid Lord Ha Ha??

3 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Lord Ha Ha's parents.

This is worse than moon unit or reality winner-

10 hours ago, kav said:

Ps how the hell does her neck snap upwards when she was falling downwards??   Physics FAIL.

3678979800_47e0754c02.jpg

Having been in a car accident back where my car spun out into the median without wearing a seatbelt.  I can tell you this... it might have been from the snap back as there is elasticity to the web and a bit of a swing perhaps. When I was in that accident I went from the drivers seat to somehow sitting in the passenger seat despite driving a coup and crossing the center of the car. 

Your bigger concern should be how he webbed her ankles yet pulls her up with a web strand from the chest despite her shirt not coming off or skin ripping and there being a complete absence of webs on the ankles from the previous panel. 

I never completely understood the view that Peter killed Gwen, even if her neck broke while he was trying to save her.  The Goblin knocked Gwen off the bridge with the intention that she die; he killed her.  The Goblin is responsible for her death.
If Peter did nothing, Gwen would have died. He had to try and save her.

If someone is helping others to get under cover during a shooting and one of the persons being helped gets shot while this is happening, the good samaritan is not at fault.  The shooter is.  
The good samaritan may want to feel responsible ("if only I acted faster"; "if only I pushed her left instead of right") but this is twisted vanity (how some love to wallow in guilt - but they are not the center of the universe, everything that happens is not necessarily because of them).

If Peter feels somewhat responsible, his guilt is misplaced. If others view Peter resposible, then their views are misplaced.

Edited by Unca Ben