• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date stamps sharing
2 2

68 posts in this topic

This thread definitely has my interest. I wanted a date stamp comic book with my birthday of Sept 3, 1975 but never had any luck finding one. Soooo...I did my research and tracked down an original NOS Crown date stamper that was used for the years 1969-1976. I plan on getting a reading copy of a September 1975 comic and date stamping it myself. 

IMG_20190425_205724.jpg

IMG_20190425_205743.jpg

IMG_20190425_205800.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Yeah, it seems the date stamp colors varied - I've seen black, blue and red.

That would be difficult, I'm not even sure how I would research it ....

16 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I’m looking for Nov 9, 1968.

I have only found (and bought on the boards) 1 book dated Nov 9 but it’s from 1964.

I am open to any books dated Nov 9

I have found that the Date Stamps are usually the day of the week that the comic was either delivered or put out for sale. In your case, Nov 9, 1968 is a Saturday. I don't think you will find a book dated on Saturday unless the owner stamped it. 

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

I have found that the Date Stamps are usually the day of the week that the comic was either delivered or put out for sale. In your case, Nov 9, 1968 is a Saturday. I don't think you will find a book dated on Saturday unless the owner stamped it. 

Ya I know - That’s been my biggest problem, it falling on a Saturday, which has practically reduced my chances to almost zero.

I do like @Cushing Fan‘s idea of buying a date stamp and doing it myself.

Here's a pleasant surprise which arrived earlier this week in a small lot of Silver Age I'd ordered, sight-unseen. 

It was advertised as a Poor/Fair.  But in-hand it is 100% complete w/both covers and all pages firmly attached...so much closer to a Fair/Good in my book -- the FULL date stamp on the front cover was very much the cherry on top!

Sadly, it is not for sale (I collect date-stamped books), unless someone REALLY wants it! :P

Tec-369.jpg