• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date stamps sharing
2 2

68 posts in this topic

The revamped date stamps thread gave me some thought. If you have a comic with a date stamp and you are willing to let it go,  why not put it in this thread? I know I would like a comic with my birthday stamped on it and I am sure many would too, but where exactly I should start? The wish list is cool, but I don't see people rushing to their incountable boxes to check if they have a comic with the date stamp I posted in the wish list. 

Instead, when we receive new books from ebay, is easier to check for date stamps and list them here. Or when we are re-bagging my collection. Or when we check ebay listings. It's an easier way to put together some date stamp data base, those interested can chack it from time to time and see if the date they are looking for has showed up. 

Disclaimer!!!  This is not intended as a sales thread, more like a service that people can use to help boardies who are interested in a specific date stamp. From here, any negotiation must be run privately. 

I am sure we can put together a big list in a reasonably short time. 

Now I am out checking my comic for date stamps to post here. 

I actually just went trough the whole other Date Stamp thread to check if I had any of the ones on the want list, so it does happen!

Having said that, I did just get in a small pile of comics with date stamps from the same collection. All of them are Charlton romance from 1973. 

This latest batch of dates:

March 22, 1973

May 3, 1973

May 10, 1973 (two copies)

May 29, 1973

July 24, 1973

August 8, 1973 (three copies)

Nice topic. I like a date stamp. Were they still stamping them in 1982? If they were and if anyone has July 18th :takeit:

Here's a couple of Superman books I bought not too long ago; #190 dated August 2nd (1966) & #208 dated May 13th (1968)

img20190116_23340797.thumb.jpg.3b5a950764c976799202fea99c0639b3.jpg

img20190116_23331146.thumb.jpg.62216d9d5485919e0773a7603442f399.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Nice topic. I like a date stamp. Were they still stamping them in 1982? If they were and if anyone has July 18th :takeit:

They are much rarer after 1980, but I have some in my collection as late as 1987. I don't have this date, though - the only book I have from 1982 with a date is from December, and it's a pen arrival date rather than a stamp. 

1 minute ago, Crimebuster said:

They are much rarer after 1980, but I have some in my collection as late as 1987. I don't have this date, though - the only book I have from 1982 with a date is from December, and it's a pen arrival date rather than a stamp. 

Good to know, it will be quite a find if one pops up then. Cheers.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it abinormal that I don't think I have a date stamp? Nor do I think I've seen one to buy :(

6911ef79bf14c59a142f3fe3a3786181.jpg