• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] An amalgamation of graded books for sale! X-Men, JIM, Thor, 'Tec

27 posts in this topic

(I'm consolidating all my for sale books into this one thread)

Let the "I want to pepper the mortgage on the new house with pre-payments because you can't live under the comics" madness continue!  

Payment:  PayPal only, due within 5 days.  

Shipping:  USPS insured priority, cost is included in the book's price for shipping within the US.   International shipping will be at cost, minus the corresponding US shipping figure.  Also, since I have multiple books listed at present...buy two books and I'll subtract $5 from the overall total, buy three and I'll subtract $10.  More books than that?  I'll figure out the discount based on total books, I ship a max of three books in a medium flat rate box.  I typically have books at the post office by the next day. 

If by chance the USPS goes above and beyond to defeat my packaging and the slab is damaged in transit, prior to doing ANYTHING ELSE, save all the packing material and contact me.  USPS regulations have been beefed up to require the packing material being available for inspection (pictures suffice based on experience) in order to file a proper insurance claim.

Returns:  No returns on CGC graded books unless I make an error in the listing or fail to disclose a problem.    

On the HoS?  Nope.  Probation list?  Message me first and we'll talk about your situation, but don't be overly optimistic.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), 1600+ eBay feedback for me as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn

Offers by PM welcome, an :takeit: trumps all else.  Enough rules, on to the books!

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

Journey Into Mystery 91.  As the census will show you, this one is a tough get at grades of 8.0 and above.  Cover features Loki very much not helping a brother out.

Asking $600 shipped.

An 8.0 cr/ow recently fetched $568 (before shipping, just throwing that out there) on ComicLink

91 front.JPG

91 rear.JPG

JIM 91 sold.

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

Next is Journey Into Mystery 113.  CGC 9.0, white pages.  Origin of Loki.

Asking $250 shipped.

I roughly split the difference between the two recent 9.0 CLink sales -- $217 (ow/w) and $280 (cr/ow)

113 front.JPG

113 rear.JPG

JIM 113 sold.

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

Journey Into Mystery 122.  Featuring an imposing Odin on the cover.  CGC 9.6, ow/w pages.  This one looks magnificent.

Asking $1000 shipped.

Two 9.6 ow/w copies are currently on ComicLink, both asking a little short of $1500.  

122 front.JPG

122 rear.JPG

JIM 122 sold.

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

Thor 167, CGC 9.4 ow.  Loki cover, Galactus cameo.

Recent prices are kinda wacky on this one -- CLink has a 9.4 ow/w selling for $86.  eBay has a cr/ow at $224.99.  And an 8.0 at $86.  And an 8.5 under $75 (it was an obo sale).  Soooo....I will ask....

$135

167 front.JPG

167 rear.JPG

Thor 167 sold.

Edited by mattn792

Spoiler

Thor 132, 9.6, w/p.  First appearance of Kurt Russell...I mean Ego...in cameo.  I bought this at C2E2 last year from the "Super G" Dutch Valley Collection that the Reece family had recently acquired.  I hate to part with it, but the mortgage company isn't going to directly accept comics in lieu of cash .  

eBay and CLink prices are all over the place, so I'll just set this one at what I paid -- $300  

The Dutch Valley Collection certificate is also included.

132 front.JPG

132 rear.JPG

Thor 132 sold.

Edited by mattn792

Detective Comics #110, 9.0, with the very elusive white pages designation that eludes so many early DC books.  Published in April 1946, this 72 year old beauty is one of four 9.0 copies currently in the census.

Asking $1200 shipped.  

The best comp I can find is a 9.2 ow/w from ComicLink that is pending at $1400

110 front.JPG

110 rear.JPG

Spoiler

Alright, let's get back to it!  Up first is...

X-Men 129, 9.6, w/p.  First appearance of Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, and Sebastian Shaw.  Super hot book.

Prices on 9.6s are averaging roughly $400 right now, so let's call this one...wait for it...$400

129 front.JPG

129 rear.JPG

X-Men 129 sold to @MadJimJaspers !

Edited by mattn792