• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth it???

30 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I sent out a NYX 3 to cgc came back 9.4. I am thinking about sending it back having pressed/reholdered. For the grading experts out there based on the graders notes what do you guys think? thanks

graders notes: bend left bottom of back cover, creaseleft bottom of front cover, light bends to cover, light spine stress lines to cover, multiple bend right bottom of back cover. 

Edited by rein2222

3 minutes ago, rein2222 said:

Hello guys, I sent out a book to cgc came back 9.4. I am thinking about sending it back having pressed/reholdered. For the grading experts out there based on the graders notes what do you guys think? thanks

graders notes: bend left bottom of back cover, creaseleft bottom of front cover, light bends to cover, light spine stress lines to cover, multiple bend right bottom of back cover. 

It would be easier to answer this question if we knew the issue in question. A key issue versus just a regular issue would make a difference in how I answer "if it's worth it".

Joe Ankenbauer

1 hour ago, rein2222 said:

Hello guys, I sent out a NYX 3 to cgc came back 9.4. I am thinking about sending it back having pressed/reholdered. For the grading experts out there based on the graders notes what do you guys think? thanks

are the bends color breaking?

The possibility exists you were potentially lucky to get 9.4, how would you feel if you re-submitted and it came back a 9.2?

Have a quality scan of the book to show us?

17 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

are the bends color breaking?

The possibility exists you were potentially lucky to get 9.4, how would you feel if you re-submitted and it came back a 9.2?

Have a quality scan of the book to show us?

I cannot find the bends so no way to tell if they are breaking.

The book could come back lower, it would be a gamble.

No scan, quick spine shot pregrading. I can take more shots later.

thanks

IMG_20180811_162222.jpg

4 minutes ago, rein2222 said:

I cannot find the bends so no way to tell if they are breaking.

The book could come back lower, it would be a gamble.

No scan, quick spine shot pregrading. I can take more shots later.

thanks

IMG_20180811_162222.jpg

The notes will specify if the the creases/bends are color-breaking...

3 minutes ago, rein2222 said:

Cool Im gonna go for it, looks like its gonna cost around $130 appreciate the help. 

YIKES! Why so much? $20 modern fee + s/h + pressing...how did it get to $130?

15 minutes ago, rein2222 said:

I may have chosen the wrong grading tier

comic grading standard (book is valued $400) $60 to grade $60 to press

comic grading modern (book valued at $5) $19 to grade $12 to press 

well, it will come back much quicker! CGC has never moved a book of mine from one tier to another, and I just recently had one end up much higher value than the tier indicated. I use ASM300 in the modern tier often.

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

well, it will come back much quicker! CGC has never moved a book of mine from one tier to another, and I just recently had one end up much higher value than the tier indicated. I use ASM300 in the modern tier often.

Oh good to know will be going that route in the future...declared value was always confusing to me.  

32 minutes ago, rein2222 said:

Oh good to know will be going that route in the future...declared value was always confusing to me.  

I just got back a NM98 9.8 subbed in modern tier and a Standard tier IH181 8.0, both of which exceeded the stated limits by 4x and 8x respectively. I had them pressed and then dropped off so was pleasantly surprised when the got so much value but like I said, not moved at all.